Chapter Five

**If Lily was real she would look something like this. ** ^v^

It has been three days. Marko thought miserably as he contemplated his decision. Three agonizing days since he had proposed to Kayna and was rejected.

"I'm sorry Marko." She had said in a tone that had dashed away all of his dreams for their future together. "Marriage is such a serious commitment and I need some time to think about this. So I can't accept your proposal just yet."

She had been so sweet when she had said those words.

The following morning, Kayna had called to tell him that she had to fly to New York. Some big companies had offered her a modeling job and she had been so excited about it.

He sighs again. She didn't even say anything about when she would be back. If she had, he would have been able to come up with a plan to get out of this situation.

Lady fate must really have something against him. He mused irritably.

Kayna was gone. He didn't even have to break it off with her as his father had wanted. She had officially dumped him to chase after her dream of becoming one of the world's top models. In his opinion, it was a complete waste of time but he did not have the heart to tell her that.

So what should he do now? Seven hundred employees were depending on his answer.

Marko sighs as he rubs his temple absentmindedly. His head hurts. He had been pondering about the entire situation for a while now. In fact, he barely slept. All he could do was to think about his problems and the decisions he had to make.     

"Well?"

Marko had immediately shifted his gaze from the carpet to his father. For some reason he knew his father had already heard about Kayna's abrupt departure. Eyeing his parent suspiciously, Marko had silently wondered if he had anything to do with Kayna's sudden job offer. He wouldn't put it past his father to pull a couple of strings to get what he wants.

"Have you come to a decision?"

Even if the old man had something to do with the job offer, Kayna could have refused. He thought bitterly. Either way, he was glad his father wasn't gloating about his win.

"I'll agree to the engagement."

Joaquin broke into a smile. "Wonderful." He said. "I'm so glad you've agreed to it. I assure you that you won't regret your decision."

I'm regretting it now. Marko wanted to snap back at his father. "Does she even know the arrangement?" He had casually asked instead.

"Not yet." Joaquin answers, "But I have already sent one of our lawyers to talk to her."

"Really?" Marko asks, wondering if he could somehow intercept this poor soul and convince him to side with him. "Who's the lucky bastard?"

"Nathanael Hernandez."

Damn. Marko cursed. Nathan was one of the most talented lawyers they have. The man was also clean as a whistle. He couldn't be bought no matter what the price.

"Why did you pick Nathan?" Marko asks, silently cursing his father for choosing the man.

"He has a talent for negotiation. I'm sure he would be able to convince Lily to agree with the contract."

Marko's head snapped at his father's direction when he heard what he had said. "You want Nathan to talk to her directly?" When his father had nodded his head, Marko snorts silently.

"Why?" Joaquin asks, "What's wrong with Nathan?"

Marko shook his head and kept silent. Nathan Hernandez was one of their best attorneys. The man oozes with confidence and he is always efficient in handling some of their more sticky contracts. Well, that is if he was facing a man. Nathan's only kryptonite was women. That famous arrogance and sharp wit seem to disappear whenever he was forced to speak to the opposite sex.