Chapter Seventeen

Ever since they met, David Chou has always been the perfect personal assistant. He was loyal, competent, and in tune with his boss' many troublesome habits. He can handle anything you would throw at him even tasks that others would keel over. It was always a blessing.

However, at this time, Lee Wei Tian heartily cursed his very devoted assistant for his lousy timing.  

GO AWAY! Wei Tian pleads silently. Willing for him to go away.

"So this is where you have been all this time." David scolds sternly, approaching his employer from behind.

Lily watched with interest as the tall man spoke to Father William. She frown with worry seeing how pale Father William had become. Given that they were speaking in Madarin, the boys were quite clueless about the situation but Lily didn't really care bout them. She was more worried at Father William as the man continues to speak to him.

"The event is about to begin so please do not disappear again, Sir."

"I'll follow in a while, David." Wei Tian answers briskly. "Please go and reserve a few seats for us."

David bows and would have left but Lily had grabbed his arm before he could leave.

"Excuse me but what did you call him?"

If Lee Wei Tian was scared before he was petrified now. 

For the first time in his entire life, Wei Tian wish the earth would just open up and swallow him whole. It was bad enough that David was here to blow his cover but damn it. Why did Lily have to be so damn fluent in Chinese?

OF ALL THE ROTTEN LUCK!!!

Seeing that she was pointing at President Lee, David stares down at the woman in surprise. "President Lee." He repeats, completely missing the subtle gestures Wei Tian was making for him to be silent.

"President Lee?" Lily repeated, dropping David's arm in shock. She turns to look at "Father William" before she repeats a name she had read on the invitation.

"Lee Wei Tian?"

Seeing his guilty expression was proof enough.

"You're not a priest?"

When he couldn't answer her fast enough, Lily turns back to David. "Are you telling me that he's not a priest?" Lily repeated that question for David, unconsciously reverting back to English.

"A priest? You thought he was a priest?" David asked chuckling at the ridiculous picture he had of his boss wearing solemn black garments fitted for a man of the cloth.

This was just priceless.

"No, he isn't a priest," David answers in English, trying to control his amusement despite the glare he was currently receiving. "Let me introduce you to Lee Wei Tian. The President of Golden Dragon Corporation. He is more popularly known as the Midas of Asia."

Every eye turns to Wei Tian who couldn't seem to meet any of them.

So this is the famous Lee Wei Tian. Marko thought as he studied the man. No wonder the man was impeccably dressed. 

Tall, well-built with an athlete's physique; Lee Wei Tian was like a fantasy every woman or even a man would want to have. Handsome and oozing with self-confidence, he was the epitome of manliness.

For some reason; he had yet to decipher; It annoyed Marko immensely that the man had been Lily's constant companion. Not only was he handsome but he was also charming. In fact, a man like Lee Wei Tian could not be trusted to be around Lily. He'd probably eat her up for breakfast.