Chapter Fourteen

Lily stares at her empty table as she thought of a way to steal some of the files that was on Annabelle's table. She had been doing this for a while now. After shooting down twenty viable plans, she was getting bored at this game.

Maybe she could pretend to bump over her table and secretly swipe a few of her work. Then she shook her head. No, it would be too obvious. I have also done that already. People might think I'm really clumsy.

Then something came to mind when she notice the cup on Annabelle's table. Should I spill something on it? No, it would ruin those papers and Annabelle might get scolded for it. Disheartened, Lily leans back on her seat and sighs.

Annabelle raised a brow when she noticed how Lily was sighing. Was she bored again? She thought, she glanced down at her papers and wondered  if she should just give her some of her work so she would just stop staring.

It was creepy! 

What to do? What to do? Lily thought, still eyeing the pile intently. I think it was a bad idea to leave all of my work to Michael. Maybe I can ask him to sent some work over to me?  The she shook her head against the idea. No. If I do that, Marko will know who I am and I really can't have that. It's just too much fun thinking about how he would react if that bomb is dropped on his arrogant head.

Lily sighs as she stares at the ceiling. She had already measured it at least a hundred times already. She really needs to get a life.

Marko is seriously trying to kill me with boredom. Maybe he's still angry at me for calling him stupid.  Geez! That guy can hold on to a grudge. It's been two days, can't he be more mature about it and just let it go?

"Lily!"

Lily snapped out of her thought, turning her attention to Annabelle who had obviously been calling her attention for a good while now.

"Yes?"

"Sir Marko has asked you to his office." She whispers. "He said it was important."

Marko looks up from his work and the bane of his existence walks in.

"Annabelle has mentioned that you wanted to see me." Lily says after she closed the door behind her.

"Yes," Marko answers, looking through his stack of papers again. "I have a meeting to attend to, but Dad insist that you should come with me."

If she could, Lily would have jumped at the opportunity to attend one of his meetings. However, knowing her DEAREST fiancee as she did  the obnoxious jerk would simply deny her the pleasure of it if he realized just how much she wanted it. 

Okay, keep your cool Lily. She told herself. One mustn't get too excited about it.

"So, when are we leaving?" Lily asks, trying to keep her voice neutral. 

"In twenty minutes."

With a nod, Lily nearly ran out of the office to prepare for the meeting. She was practically jumping out of her skin as they drove off.

What is with that smile? Marko thought as he studies her happy demeanor. It's almost like she's happy to attend the meeting.

Thirty minutes later, Marko had quickly got out of the car and promptly shuts the door behind him as he told his driver to take Lily somewhere else.