Chapter Fifteen

I should write a book. Lily thought as she drums her finger on her still empty table. How to Kill A Girl With Boredom. Marko should just kill me and bury my body somewhere. Staring at the people bustling around her made her feel more and more tired. Sitting in a busy office with nothing to do is killing me. Why is he doing this to me?

Glancing at the pen she was holding, she silently wonders how she could best make use of it. Maybe I should just stab myself with this, that would save him the trouble of prolonging the agony.

 Annabelle was smiling when she had once again seen the look Lily had on her face. The poor girl was really bored. Sir Marko should really give her something useful to do. People were starting to think she's crazy. 

Seeing her so deep in thought, Annabelle really couldn't blame some of the staff.

From what she heard, Miss Lily had already rearranged the pantry ten times within a span of three days; washed all the cups and glasses three times today and rearranged them several times before she was satisfied; she had also cleaned and alphabetized all of the files in the store room. If that wasn't bad enough, she got her hands on their newly arrived office supplies and color-coded everything down to the last paperclip.

Glancing down at her unread documents, Annabelle had been meaning to share. Should she give it to her or not?

She had been thinking of some good excuse but the good looking guy walking towards them was really distracting her.

Wow! She thought in utter fascination. He's yummy. The man gave her a smile and a friendly wave before turning his attention to Lily.

Lily had been so engrossed in her own thoughts that she didn't notice William walking up to her desk. In fact, she had practically ignored his presence even though he had been standing there for a while now.

Wei Tian was really starting to hate his crash course in humility.

Honestly, to have such a pretty girl ignoring him was a new experience to him. He was one of the most sought after men in Asia, how can this slip of a girl ignore him? Didn't she know that women were always fighting among themselves to get to him? Yet here was Lily who had his undivided attention and she was ignoring him.

He didn't know if he should be happy or annoyed by it. He had been standing in front of her desk for fifteen whole minutes. Fifteen! And she still didn't notice him.

What is with her?

Without even thinking of his actions, Wei Tian simply toss an envelope which landed right in her line of sight. He chuckled when he saw the irritated look that crossed her face when he did that rather rude gesture.

Lily had to blink when an envelope was dropped unceremoniously on her table. She had every intention of scolding whoever had done such a rude thing but her irritation melted away when she saw a familiar face.

"William."

"Hello Lily." Wei Tian greets with a charming grin.

Lily could see how Annabelle was practically drooling over William. I wonder how she would react when she finds out about his current occupation.

"What are you doing here?"

"I was going around the neighborhood delivering these invitations to my various sponsors." He said, holding up a thick stack of envelopes. "I just remembered that I didn't give you yours the other night."