[8] A Pretty Big Deal

Alexandra

The concert was delayed and Niall's manager was a bit upset, but he was more understanding after we told him what happened with Dana. He told us that we shouldn't call the police on Kasey just yet in case of alerting the press and starting drama.

The manager did call Kasey's parents though. That night Kasey's mum and dad came over to our house to apologize for Kasey's unforgivable behavior. Kasey was grounded.

Mum and dad were still a bit upset, but they said it was fine. I, on the other hand, happened to be quite mad at Kasey for doing such a thing.

Niall, Louis, Zayn, Harry and Liam (yes, I remembered their names after they told me) didn't talk to Kasey after everything was explained to them. In fact, they gave me their numbers and told me to call them if anything else happens.

They were all really nice. Genuinely nice, the kind you don't see on TV's and the kind Kasey didn't know. Kasey didn't like them for their sincerity, it was obvious. Many fans nowadays don't see their idols for what they truly are.

When they ask, 'Who's your favorite?' you say whoever you find the best. But all this is only seen through a screen and you don't really know them.

Favorite? There shouldn't be a favorite, it's treating them like toys. They're human, please understand that.

Since it was summer break, I decided to start looking for a job. I was studying to become a hairdresser and I haven't really gotten a fixed job yet. The most I've done is for photo shoots.

My main focus is on hairdressing, but I'm interested in exploring my choices. But so far, I've only done people's hair, nothing else.

I made my way to Starbucks for a cup of coffee before I went out to look for that job. As I walked pass a few tables, a familiar face caught my attention.

We made eye contact and I quickly started walking away, but I was stopped by a gentle touch on my shoulder. I slowly turned around to face him and shot him a small smile that couldn't match his charming toothy one.

"Alex?"

"Hey, Nathan."

He raised an eyebrow.

"You don't seem too happy to see me," he replied with a frown.

"Well, it's nothing-"

All of a sudden I was engulfed in a hug. It seemed like he didn't want to let go.

"Umm, Nathan? Are you okay?" I asked awkwardly.

"Just- just give me one minute," he stuttered. I didn't oppose.

Eventually, he pulled away and avoided eye contact.

"I'm sorry, I was just really worried about you. I thought something happened to you," he looked me in the eyes and smiled.

"Well, everything's okay. I'm sorry for leaving so soon, I had to be somewhere."

"It's fine."

Nathan looked really good today. He had on a beanie, a white buttoned up shirt and casual black jeans.