Chapter 17 : The Prom Queen

The Past

I looked at Niall, he was smirking at me. I eyed all the guys and I noticed Derrick checking me out. Looking at me up and down. I rolled my eyes and shifted uncomfortably. Niall noticed and glared at Derrick. That dude came with another girl but decided to check me out.

I smiled and walked to the middle of the stage to claim my fake tiara. I sighed. I didn't even want this to happen. Why god? Why? I smiled as the tiara got placed on my head. Fake smile. I was tired and bored.

" The Prom King is..... oh, a tie! " Everyone gasped. " Derrick Samuels and Niall Horan!! " I looked at Niall shocked, I just smiled at him.

" Would you like to say anything? " he said extending out the mic to me. Just as I opened my mouth to refuse Jasmine came and snatched the mic from his hands.

" I would " she said. The DJ rolled his eyes, I really don't think anyone likes her. " Thank you guys so much for voting for me even though there must have been some big mistake. You see, you guys must have accidentally voted for idiot  Alexandra here " I rolled my eyes.

" Do you seriously think it was a mistake? " I asked rolling my eyes.

" We'll see, those who voted for Alex raise their hands " almost everyone in the room raised their hands. Her eyes widened, but she still didn't give up.

" Those who voted for me " she said.

" Ha. Only your friends " I laughed. Then I realized, only two people raised their hands. I squinted my eyes. " Impossible " then I looked at the DJ. " She payed you didn't she?! " I yelled at him. The whole crowd gasped and I heard some people yell.

" Idiot! " one said.

" Fake! " another yelled. On that note, the crowd started booing and chanting " Fake ".

" It doesn't matter if I payed him or not, I should still be placed as queen! " she tried to say but got blocked out. I just laughed.

" I'm wasting my time here, hello? What else do you have to say? " the crowd went silent.

" I'm Prom Queen " I yawned, it was a real yawn.

" You know what? I'm really tired, so i'm just going to have my dance, which was the only thing I was looking forward to, go to sleep after that " I said yawning.

" You're not having your dance " she crossed her arms over her chest. " You're not Prom Queen " I just rolled my eyes.

I looked at the crown in my hand and shrugged.

" You want it? " I threw it at her. " Fine, knock yourself out, it's just a piece of plastic " I said and walked down the steps to meet the guys, Derrick and Niall. I mean meet Niall, but Derrick was there. I heard some people cheering for me and booing for Jasmine.

" Wow Alex! You were amazing back there! " Niall said hugging me. I laughed. Just then, Jasmine came down. She didn't dare to look me in the eye, ha!

" Derrick, you wanna dance with the Prom Queen of not? " she pulled his hand but he wouldn't budge.

" Definitely, she's so hot today " at first I was confused. Until he placed his hand on my shoulder.

" Would you like to dance? " he said. I laughed.

" Sorry, but i'm occupied " I locked fingers with Niall and walked to the dance floor. When we got to the middle, we both burst out laughing.

" Did you see his face?! " he laughed. I nodded. We heard a loud smack sound and our heads shot at them. Jasmine had slapped Derrick. Niall and I had a fit of laughter again. When we stopped.

" Would you like to dance, princess? " I  chuckled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He put his on my waist and we swayed to the music. I was getting sleepy so I placed my head on the crook on his neck.

" I can't believe you did that just now " he said. I just laughed and closed my eyes.

Current Time

" So then he was like ' You're not allowed to bring food into the airplane and that's final! ' " I laughed.

" So did you get to bring the food? " I asked.

" Of course! " he exclaimed. I just shook my head.

He poured me more wine. 

" Thanks " I smiled at him. We had just finished our food and were chatting.

I finished my wine and lied down staring into the sky. Soon, Niall came and lied down beside me.

" Alex " he said softly. I turned to look at him and found his ocean blue eyes. I could just get lost in them.

" Yeah? " I felt his warm breath on my cheek.

" You're so beautiful " he said. I just smiled.

" And you're so amazing " he grinned.

We sat up and put everything back into the basket and Niall brought it back into the car while I sat on the beach with my feet in the water.

Niall's POV

" And you're so amazing" Alex said. I grinned. She is so sweet, i'm so glad to have her back in my life. We packed up the stuff and I put the basket into the car.

I saw Alex sitting by the beach. Then I saw something in the trunk of my car. And I instantly felt like using it.

What do you think it is?? I hope you guys are liking it so far. I've decided i'll just update when I finish, but still vote please. Also read my friend's story, Clever. By fearlessangelsfly. It's amazing!! Also check out her other amazing stories. She inspires me and I think she is an awesome author. Please vote and give me feedback. Love you xx

 ~ Destiny <3