[11] Starlight Lake

Alexandra

"Look, she has a fever! It's all because of you."

"I bet she got your germs after you gave her CPR."

I lied in Brandon's bed as they stared daggers at each other. I was in Brandon's clothes as well, since mine we're soaking wet, Brandon had put them in the dryer.

"Can I have a glass of warm water, please?"

"Of course, I'll go get it," Brandon nodded.

Before he left the room he looked at Niall as if he was warning him not to try anything funny.

"So, how are you feeling?" Niall's soothing voice interrupted my thoughts.

"I'm good, no thanks to the arguing."

He chuckled and reached for my hand, but I pulled it away as an instinct.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! I don't know what's gotten into me," he sighed and looked away.

"You're acting like you're someone I've known for a long time."

Something flashed in his eyes so fast I wasn't even sure if it was there.

"Yeah, well you naturally have the 'I need to be protected by Prince Charming' vibe," he joked.

"You're not Prince Charming," I said as a joke, but suddenly he looked dead serious.

"I'm a far better person than Brandon, you know? He sleeps around and he's just trying to get in your pants."

"Niall, I know. I just haven't had the time to think about what's happening. I'm sort of going with the flow. I'll think about it later when my head doesn't hurt."

He looked apologetic.

"Sorry, it's all my fault. I shouldn't have invited you, but I wanted to hangout with you."

"We can always hangout some other time."

Niall hesitated but nodded.

"Well then. Did Brandon run into a pack of orcs on the way to the kitchen or is he just taking forever?"

"He probably ran into a girl, that's why he's taking so long," we laughed.

.

Did I fall asleep? Where am I?

As I opened my eyes, I could tell that I wasn't in Brandon's bedroom anymore. I was home. I smiled cheerfully as I tried to get up, but got a major headache.

It was the day after that party at Brandon's house where I apparently drowned. How did I get home though?

"Sweetie! You're awake," mum said walking through the door..

"How did I get here?"

"A boy named Brandon brought you here," she smiled.

"Brandon?"

I thought it would've been Niall.

"Are you feeling alright, dear?"