[9] Inappropriate Jokes & Sarcasm

Alexandra

After Nathan dropped me off, I thanked him and gave him a small hug. Nathan was a really great guy, but he seemed to be hiding something. I decided that I'd ask him about it when the time comes.

"Hey darling, did you find a job?" my dad asked from the kitchen.

"Umm nope. No one was hiring and I didn't have the qualifications." I didn't want to tell my parents about the job I was offered in case they changed their mind.

"Really? So what job did you give that handsome guy that was here just now?"

My eyes widened. 

"Dad!" he looked at me and chuckled.

"I'm just messing with ya."

"That's inappropriate."

"I think I'm old enough to say those kind of things," he proudly stated.

"No you're not, honey." mum commented, walking down the stairs.

"Darn it." I giggled. "Watch out for your mother, kid. She knows everything that happens around our house."

"You got that right. I also know you ate my cookies last night."

Dad looked at her in disbelief. 

"How..."

"I'm sure you thought I fell asleep on the couch last night, I actually wasn't. I wanted to find the culprit who kept eating my cookies. I knew it was you, but I wanted to be sure," she said evilly. I laughed at dad's priceless expression.

"Y-You're Sa-Satan," he stuttered and ran out of the house. 

Both of us laughed at his playful act and laughed even harder when he tripped over a hose and fell.

I casually tried to leave the kitchen, but not before my mums head snapped towards me. "I know you ate my cookies as well, darling."

I stared at her for two seconds and bolted to my room. I could hear her laughing that evil laugh. My parents are honestly the best. No one could replace them.

.

As I laid on my bed, I stared at my black electric guitar and my acoustic guitar that I placed side by side. I grabbed my acoustic one and decided to sing a song I wrote just a few weeks ago.

"After all the fun we had,
all you did was make me sad,
things took a real big turn,
when your eyes started to burn.

The flame in your eyes,
they drove you mad and I couldn't see the things you hide inside.

You bottle up all your fear,
and you never even shed a tear,
when things seemed most rough,
you stood up and acted tough.

Why would you hide your feelings,
when I'm the one who's hurt
every time I asked if you were okay
you never even tried to let me help.

All your lies, they're raining down on me
just like knives,
nothing can make it stop.

Please help,
I need you,
I don't think I could live without you."