9/19

Beta: Manon, Shemar & Naomi, Phyllis, Carol, Niroveka, Dis & Aranel

Disclaimer: I own only the plot; Tolkien though was the one that created the great world of Middle Earth. I do not own the Lord of the Rings (and associated) book series, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of the story.

--

Aragorn ran over to Legolas and began issuing orders...

"Gimli, take all his weapons away from him. Haldir, prepare some bandages for me and boil water, at once!"

Aragorn tried to remove the dagger away from Legolas' throat, which was not easy, as Legolas did not want to give up. He was determined to kill himself. The man was equally determined to stop Legolas; he tried to remove the dagger from Legolas' hands carefully, all the while looking at the elf who was staring at Aragorn.

"Why?" Legolas asked, his voice a whisper.

"You never failed us, my friend," Aragorn said as he took the bandages from Haldir. He began to wrap them around Legolas' throat.

"Haldir, you know why I was doing it. Why did you let them know?" Legolas asked the elf.

Haldir only shook his head. He felt sad, and the dwarf told him to cheer up.

Aragorn stroked his friend's hair and noticed the blood in it. He asked, "Does it hurt?"

Before Legolas could say anything, the darkness claimed him, and he fell into a healing sleep.

Aragorn noticed that his friend had lost consciousness and said, "We will take him to the river. He has hurt his head as well, and he needs healing."

The man watched as the dwarf patted the horse and whispered, "I never thought that I would ever say it, but you lead us to Legolas and helped save his life. " Then Gimli kissed the horse on the nose.

Aragorn could not help it. He smiled, and Haldir joined him.

Gimli turned around and saw their smiles, and shouted, "WHAT?"

"Nothing, Gimli, nothing..." Aragorn replied still smiling.

Aragorn mounted Legolas' horse and took the elf from Haldir. He rode towards the river, while Haldir and Gimli walked as quickly as they could after him.

Once they had arrived they began to set up camp. Aragorn laid Legolas on the soft sand.

The blood had saturated Legolas' hair. Aragorn pressed hard on the wound with one hand, while with the other he replaced the bandage around Legolas' throat as the old one was covered with blood.

Haldir boiled the water, while Gimli took Legolas' weapons to his side, far away from the elf. He feared that the elf would try to do something stupid again.