15/19

Beta: Manon, Shemar & Naomi, Phyllis, Carol, Niroveka, Dis & Aranel

Disclaimer: I own only the plot; Tolkien though was the one that created the great world of Middle Earth. I do not own the Lord of the Rings (and associated) book series, nor any of the characters from it. I do not make any money from the writing of the story.

--

"I need fresh leaves and water from the river, cold if at all possible," Aragorn said in soft and calm voice, the panic and the hysteria not seeming to bother him.

Haldir left them in search for the items the ranger required.

Aragorn glared over the dwarf who walked back and forth, and immediately knew that he blamed himself.

"Gimli!" he spoke, and walked over to the dwarf, stopping him in his endless
stride. "You have to stop this at once! It is of no use here, while Legolas's
life is in danger. We cannot continue doing this, blaming each other. For the
Valar's sake, we have to stop this at once!"

"Forgive me," Gimli apologized. "I am worried for him..." He stared up at Aragorn,
waiting for his next assignment.

"What?" Aragorn asked curiously, noticing the peculiar look that the dwarf gave
him.

"What is it you want me to do?" Gimli asked, continuing to look at him.

Aragorn looked at him for a moment, then answered. "I think you should speak with him. Forgive him...might make things better."

Gimli looked up at his friend with a frown. Disbelieving what he heard, he asked, "How can you ignore what he had done to you?"

"I am not ignoring it, Gimli, but I cannot blame him and accuse him in his present state, for I have no idea what is going on in his mind," Aragorn explained.

"But he tried to kill you!" Gimli groaned at him.

"What do you want me to do? Accuse him more? That would kill him!" Aragorn almost attacked him, not believing what Gimli was asking of him.

Haldir stepped inside, at once noticing the tight-faced look on their faces; it was obvious to him that he had stepped into the middle of something sober.

"What... is going on here?" Haldir asked curiously, staring deeply at them.

There was an uncomfortable pause.

"Would you like to tell him, Gimli?" Aragorn asked the dwarf.

"No..." Gimli answered, and laid his eyes on Legolas.

"I will find out sooner or later," Haldir hinted to them, but wishing they would give him more details.