XII.

"I'll leave you two alone, good luck Hailey." Calum quickly said and then left.

"What project, Hailey?" Michael repeated, now walking into my room.

"Look Michael, I-I didn't mean to hurt you I just-" I stuttered nervously.

"Tell me what fucking project!" Michael said even angrier than before.

"I-I work for TMZ. They sent me to get good pics with you so they have a good story. But Michael I swear I regret this so much I never meant to h-"

"You fucking bitch." he said calmly but angrily

"Michael please let me explain I-" I sobbed

"Save it! I'm fucking done with you. I thought you weren't like all the other girls. I thought you liked me for me and not for my fame. I thought you were special. But I was so wrong, oh god. I hope you got good pics so far because this is the last time anyone will see you with me." he said and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

I could feel my heart break into a million pieces. I fucked up so bad. I should've never agreed on doing that stupid project.

I never in a milliom years thought I'd fall for a celebrity though.

But guess what? I fucking fell for Michael Gordon Clifford.

And I fucked up.

♡♡♡

After a few minutes I grabbed out my phone and called Mrs. Hartman.

"Hailey I'm so proud of you. We got so many good pics from your date wi-"

"Shut up. I'm done with this project and I'm also done with TMZ. I quit. I'll pick up my stuff from the office tomorrow morning. Goodnight." I said and hung up, taking a deep breath afterwards.

This wasn't an easy decision at all but it was definitely the right one. Who knows how long it'd take till I had to do another project like this.

Quitting my job also meant that I had to find a new job and probably a new apartement too, since I could barely pay for the rent when I did have a job.

I decided to leave the hotel as soon as possible so I wouldn't have to face Michael anymore.

I will never forgive myself for doing all this shit for TMZ.

I quickly packed all my stuff and as soon as I was done I headed to the elevator with my suitcases.

The check out didn't take too long and sooner than I thought I was in a taxi on my way home.

♡♡♡

Just as I was about to fall asleep in my bed my phone vibrated on my nightstand. I didn't pick up.

But as I thought the person who'd called gave up, my phone vibrated again.

"Hello?" I picked up without looking at the caller ID.

"Hailey what happened?" Calum asked worried.

Of course it would be Calum that called at almost 1 in the morning.

"I told him and broke his heart." I said quietly.

"Damn Hailey..."

"He hates me."

"No he doesn't. He's still crying and won't talk to me."

"I'm sorry if I messed up your friendship. Please tell him that he shouldn't be pissed at you, it was all my fault. I was the one who ruined everything." I said and my voice got weaker and weaker by every word.

"I'm sorry. Stay awesome okay? Good..goodbye Calum." I whispered and hung up without letting him say anything.

And I cried again.

---

this is so sad :(

michael my babe

ily guys

- tori ♡