9

"Have you ever gone to a hospital and not know where you were hurting? I know this is all because of her..."

~If...-B1A4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taehyung eventually got to standing, still just backing away as she poured pills into her hand. He hated that orange bottle, hated those little blue rounded oval shaped pills, each one of them labeled with just a number--10.

That was the dosage, of what, he didn't know, but he knew how it made him feel after he took it. Dead. He had a hard time thinking, his mouth wouldn't let him speak even if he wanted to, the tips of his fingers would feel numb, everyone's voice sounded far away when they talked to him.

If anything, the pills made him crazy.

He backed up through the hallway, "Pl-please don't, Kyung-mi...I don't need those..." He said, then licked his dry lips.

Kyung-mi huffed. "Mom's delusional. You need to take your medicine." Then she came closer, at least half a dozen pills in hand.

That's too much, you're only supposed to give me one. Taehyung backed toward his bedroom door, reaching for the knob while watching Kyung-mi. If anything, he'd lock himself in there. It didn't have a lock, he'd checked, but maybe he could just hold the door shut.

Kyung-mi came closer, and before Taehyung could get the door open, tried to shove the pills in his mouth. He kept his mouth clamped shut, his teeth pressed together, and though she had gotten one in, Taehyung spat it out as soon as he could.

"Please, Kyung-mi..." Taehyung said, then seeing that she wasn't going to listen, opened the door and backed inside.

Marshmallow leaped off the bed, barking and running around his legs. The poodle was probably just glad he was back, but his running around was distracting, and he tripped over the little dog.

Marshmallow yelped, then scurried away, but Taehyung fell and hit his head on something, The pain was sharp, and seemed to throb already, making him exclaim and grab where it hurt. Kyung-mi took that opportunity to stuff pills in his mouth, making him choke as three or four pills found their way down his throat.

She sat on his stomach, her hands over his mouth, even as Taehyung flailed and choked. He felt his eyes tear up. If one pill made him numb and nearly dead inside, what would three do? What would four do? It's going to kill me, I'm going to die.

"Would you calm down? It can't be that bad." Kyung-mi said, trying to get him to stop kicking and yelling.

Taehyung grabbed Kyung-mi's hands trying to pull them away from his mouth. Spit it out, I've got to throw it up, you gave me too much, let me get up! I'm choking, let me get up! Get off of me! His thoughts were frantic, his breathing and heartbeat seemed like a roar in his ears, he was panicking.

But he couldn't pull Kyung-mi's hands off, already he could feel his fingers getting numb his thoughts dulling slowly to just a whisper, even the pain from hitting his head was dulling--he could still feel it, but it seemed far away.

Kyung-mi took her hands off, probably seeing it was working. Leaving Taehyung to choke and cough, but still sitting on him. "I can't believe mom was going to let you run around like a maniac without your meds, you're a killer, for crying out loud."

Taehyung shook his head, wanting to get up and try to make himself throw up the pills, but he couldn't get up. Not even sort of. When he tried to sit up, he just ended up twitching. "...I'm not..." crazy. He couldn't finish, his thoughts had slowed down, even the frantic panic he felt a second ago was slipping away, but even then he tried to remember what it was he was scared of, what he wanted to get up for.