47

(Long chapter, fam 3039 words~~~ Prepare yourself :3)

"I guess I will never have this again, even this precious time of loving you. I can't hold you within my memories, not even for a moment..."

~Broken Heart-Monsta X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside the court, Taehyung had to go through a metal detector, and officers were going to pat him down. They did the same with Dr. Park, but by now, there was nothing on him that was illegal in any way, he'd thrown the evidence in the bushes, and chances were no one was going to find it.

There weren't any effects yet, he didn't feel much different besides feeling a little light headed, but it would come eventually. And when it does, will I die? Will that be it? Will it hurt?

While they were searching him for weapons, he cleared his throat, getting the officer's attention. The officer was a younger man, not a trace of grey in his hair yet like most of the police he'd dealt with, maybe he'd listen. Taehyung licked his lips before speaking, "That man I'm with, the doctor...he gave me too much medication, I'm going to--."

The officer smiled, "Hey, Hey, calm down, we already searched him, there's nothing on him like that, and he's your doctor, he wouldn't do that."

He doesn't believe me, he thinks I'm crazy, that I imagined it, that I'm just making things up. "No! You don't understand! He threw it before he came in, a syringe, you'll see it, it's in the lawn, just look for it, just check, please...!" Taehyung was on the verge of tears, the panic was setting in, he didn't know how much longer he'd be able to speak, able to move, able to do anything, he had to tell someone, and they had to find that syringe, he didn't care who.

The officer bit his lip, thinking it over, and Taehyung just stared at his eyes, taking in shaky breaths as he fought back the urge to cry, hoping he could see some kind of pity in them. He wanted pity, for the first time in his life, he wanted someone to pity him, just enough to believe him, just enough to do this one thing.

"What's your name?" The officer said eventually.

"K-Kim T-Taehyung."

There seemed to be some recognition in the name, his eyebrows raising. "The custody case... They're trying to prove you're sane..." He mumbled, scratched the back of his neck.

He doesn't believe me. He thinks I'm making it up. I'm going to die.

The young officer looked back and forth, looking around the small space. There didn't look to be anybody else, so he looked back at Taehyung. "Look, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, I'll look for it. It would be evidence, right?"

Taehyung's eyes widened. He almost didn't know what to say, but he managed a nod. This might not be in time for me to survive this, but at least...at least he won't get away with it, at least he can be charged with murder. That's good enough. Then if I die, it won't be for nothing.

"We're taking too long, if you're right, then he'll suspect something." The officer ushered him out of the room suddenly, shutting the door after Taehyung was out.

Taehyung was greeted with Dr. Park's smug look. He looked so pleased with himself, so pompous, so sure he would win, it was sickening. Why are you so willing to do anything? What's at stake? This can't just be to get back at Mrs. Park, it can't. There's more, there's got to be.

Dr. Park yanked Taehyung by the arm through the halls of the courthouse, the tall white pillars with gold etching marking the hall as if heading to someplace wonderful or sacred. Taehyung didn't know what to think about this place yet, how to feel about it, it could very well be the last place he would ever see, and he couldn't say yet if Dr. Park would be able to get away with this.