37

"Will you stop time, if this moment passes, as though it hasn't happened? I'm scared, scared, scared I'll lose you..."

~Butterfly-BTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they came away for breath. Hana giggled, resting her head on his chest. By now the Ferris wheel was almost done with it's trip going around, not that he was paying attention to that.

His focus was only on Hana. playing with the ends of her hair. She kissed me back. Wait...I kissed her first... Why had I done that? What made me...? But she didn't pull away.

Taehyung licked his lips, noticing they still tasted sweet. Like her.

"Hana..." Taehyung started, running his hand along her spine. "Um...Hana..."

Hana looked up at him and mouthed something that Taehyung didn't quite catch.

"What?"

Hana smiled, then mouthed it again, this time he understood it. "I love you."

Taehyung blushed, and for a second, there was just silence while he let what she said soak in. Love? Me? Why? It wasn't that he didn't believe her, it was what his perception of love was. Love was something that hurt. At least for him it did. Because no one loved him, ever. They only lied to make him feel special for a second or two so later they couldn't feel guilty about putting him through hell.

And then he didn't know what to do. No one had ever said that to him. No one ever looked at him like Hana did. And now that he knew what he was seeing in her pretty deep brown eyes. He realized what he'd been seeing in Mrs. Park's eyes, what had been there all the time, but he'd denied seeing. Love.

Taehyung smiled back at Hana. "I love you too."

~~~

After the Ferris Wheel made it's round, they got off and went to go see other things in the park. Including the fun-house, where Taehyung had accidentally scared her, made a million silly poses in the trick mirrors, and hugged her once or twice. It felt nice to hug her, it felt nice that she didn't push him away, that everything was okay for once. And she doesn't think I'm crazy.

After that, Hana said she wanted a Teddy bear to take home, so they stopped by a booth where they were giving out big huge fluffy teddy bears if you could hit so many balloons with a dart.

Taehyung didn't consider himself very good with aim or anything like that, and the sharp point reminded him of knives, and stabbing and Appa... But either way, he decided to give it a try. Since he had an extra dollar or two from what Mrs. Park had given him. And if Hana really wanted it...

After maybe 10 tries, most of them terrible, and missing extremely bad, he got the hang of it enough to win one of the medium sized bears at least. And Hana seemed happy with just that.

If you're happy, I'm happy.

Maybe that's what Jungkook meant. Maybe that's why he threw away what he felt for the sake of me being happy...

Hana held the bear close the rest of the day as they walked around, going on a few rides, getting ice cream and sitting at a picnic table. Hana was all smiles, and Taehyung had to admit, he was doing more smiling then he'd done in what felt like years. Why am I so happy all of a sudden?

Hana tapped his shoulder and offered a spoonful of chocolate ice cream to him.

Taehyung blushed. "You want to--."