42

"How I wish to return to the day I first met you..."

~Reluctantly-ZTAO

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"He did it!" Jae-hwa said, pointing at Taehyung as soon as he came outside, still smirking, obviously content and not even attempting at hiding it.

Neither Kyung-mi or Yoongi were anywhere to be seen.

The police chief immediately looked to Taehyung. "This would be the last straw, Kim Taehyung." He sighed, shaking his head. "Can't say I'm surprised."

Taehyung felt his breathing get quick and his heart pound. No, I didn't start it, I was only...I was... Hana had been standing beside him, and he felt her grab his hand, weaving her soft, warm fingers with his.

"Bullsh*t!" Jimin yelled, coming out of the crowd of students that seemed terribly silent considering how loud they were not so long ago. "Yoongi was going around assaulting people, he's not even supposed to be on school grounds! And You're going to let that slide?!"

The police chief was in the middle of taking out handcuffs, "My job isn't to investigate, unless you have some sort of way to--"

Jimin balled his fists, his hands shaking, Jimin was going to punch the Police chief if this kept on, and the chief seemed to plainly see that. Jimin, please don't. You'll make it worse...

"Kim Taehyung, answer me one question," The police chief started, looking away from Jimin. "Did you, or did you not, participate in a fight and take a swing at someone?"

Taehyung licked his lips, looking to the ground. "I...I did." I'm scared. You're going to take this the wrong way, I don't want to go back, I don't want you to shove me in the back of that patrol car, I don't want to cry anymore.

"Then you're coming with me. It's as Simple as that."

"Wait!" Jungkook started, grabbing Taehyung's arm. "You can't do that, just send him to the principal's office, just let him get detention, but don't take him away, you don't have to take him away!"

The Police Chief was quiet, staring at Jungkook evenly, but Jae-hwa smiled. "It's not their jurisdiction, maybe you didn't read your precious boyfriend's paperwork, but in the event of an act of insanity or violence, temporary or otherwise, the Principal can't decide the punishment or the action taken." Jae-hwa pouted. "Sorry, baby-face."

Jungkook took a series of deep breaths, then Taehyung saw him bite his lip, "Jae-hwa...I'm going to f*cking beat the sh*t out of you." Taehyung was surprised how calmly he said it, but even more surprised when he grabbed a hold of Jae-hwa's collar.

Jae-hwa shrieked, sounding akin to a pig and there was nothing even remotely cute about it. The Police Chief immediately took hold of Jungkook, grabbing at his fists when he tried to punch Jae-hwa.

Jungkook, please don't, please...I don't want you to get in trouble too, I don't want him to put you in handcuffs. Not because of stupid Jae-hwa, not because she knows about....

"Kid, I'll arrest you, don't push my buttons..." The police chief warned, pulling Jungkook away from Jae-hwa.

Jungkook huffed, taking short, loud breaths, his hands in fists and shaking. "Don't talk about Taehyung like that, in fact, don't say anything, just glue your mouth shut, because you've never felt anything in that ice you call a heart, your b*tchy ass shouldn't say a goddamn thing to someone who has one." Jungkook's voice was shaking, he was on the verge of crying, but Taehyung didn't even really notice until he saw how much his lip was trembling, how much his eyes glistened.