29

"Are you human or an angel? Oh Jesus, Babe. You're dazzling, babe. Sunglass, Babe. My mind is so out of it..."

~Bae Bae-BigBang

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Hana came back, she held something behind her back, and she closed her eyes, looking at Taehyung intently, then closing her eyes tight again. Taehyung took that as a hint and closed his eyes. Soon enough he felt something soft in his hands.

When he opened his eyes, he saw a fluffy teddy bear, that looked especially loved, it's white fur not as stark white as it would be new, and a few threads missing from it's sewn on smile. The bear was kind of big, taking up his whole lap.

"Is this yours, Hana-ssi?" Taehyung said, looking up at her while absently hugging the bear.

She nodded, then pointed to it's paws. When Taehyung looked, he could see the word, 'chipmunk' etched on it's paws with thread. I reminded you of this bear?

By the time Taehyung looked up, Hana was messing with the TV, going through DVDs. She must want to watch something with him. Taehyung played with the bear's paws, watching Hana kneel on the floor, trying to see the buttons on the DVD player. He was thinking about getting up to help her, when she got up and went to sit next to Taehyung.

On her way, she offered him another cookie, Taehyung didn't put this one in his mouth all at once. But Hana giggled anyway, getting a cookie for herself. They're good. You're a wonderful baker, Hana. He wished he could convince himself to say it out-loud. He wanted to tell her, he really did, but it was harder then he thought. I don't want to say anything dumb.

The movie was currently running through commercials, the sound turned all the way down. He supposed they might always watch movies like this, since Hana's Mother and Father seemed to be able to hear, maybe they kept it like that to be fair to her. Because it wasn't fair. All the things Hana had never heard, would never hear, all the ways Jae-hwa picked on her because of it.

It wasn't fair how cruel life could be.

"Ah, Hana-ssi," He said, realizing she was already looking at him and could read his lips. "Does it...make you sad?"

Hana frowned. I shouldn't have said that. I shouldn't have asked. Hana pointed to her ear, mouthing, 'this?' When Taehyung nodded, she tilted her head. Looking up toward the ceiling for a second, her hair cascading as she did so. Then she nodded, before pointing to Taehyung's chest, then she smiled and pointed at him again.

Taehyung's eyes widened, he had a guess to what she meant, but didn't know if he should say it. "What?"

Hana held up a finger for him to wait, then reached over to the table by the other side of the couch, taking out a pad of paper that looked brand new and a pencil. Did she put that there for this? Hana wrote on it for a bit, then showed him what she wrote.

Yes, but you make me smile. You should smile more, Taehyung-ssi, it's cute.

Taehyung blushed, then licked his lips, "You should too, Hana-ssi." I like your smile, your smile is like sunshine, your laugh is like a song. No one should ever make you unhappy, I want to make you happy. Taehyung swallowed. "Your smile is pretty...You're very pretty."

Hana blushed, the pink flooding her cheeks looked like cherry blossoms on snow. I keep making you blush. Why do you keep blushing? Do you like me? What do you even see in me?

Taehyung couldn't believe he said it out loud, he thought she was very pretty, but it had been hard to say, he didn't know why, it was true, he thought she was the prettiest girl he'd ever met. I don't want you to think I'm...