16- Changing Winds

Asoka POV

I held Kakashi's hand as we walked through the Hot-Springs village. We walked through the street market. He let me window shop and if I found something in particular I liked, then he would try to get me to buy it. I had no idea where he was getting the money for it, considering he spent a large sum of money on already our first day here.

"Kakashi, are you sure you want to pay for this stuff? I-I feel bad." I mumbled, scratching the back of my head awkwardly. He smiled and brought my hand up to his lips giving my hand a small peck. I tried not to blush. I really did but his grin behind his mask obviously meant otherwise.

"I like paying for you. You deserve to be treated like a princess." He said simply, his one revealed eye twinkling with amusement. I rolled my eyes, puffing out my cheeks like a child.

"I certainly feel guilty for it though." I mumbled quietly.

"You're too modest for your own good." Kakashi stated simply as we continued walking around. He had gotten me a rose themed purse that holds a nice bunch of essentials. Also a cute knife. Really cute knife. And a Kimono. A super cute kimono.

Oh mean I really want to get or make something for him. I feel so bad.

"You're thinking pretty hard there, Asoka. What's on your mind?"

"It's not fair. You treat me so well, and yet I have nothing to show for it. I'm not..." I stopped walking and he stopped ahead of me, still holding my hand. I looked away from him and I felt his grip on my hand tighten a little.

"Asoka..."

"What's the point of us being together anymore? At first it was to protect my last name but now the threat is gone and... I can't do anything for you." He tugged on my hand a little to force me to look at him.

"Asoka, You do so much more than you think, for me." I avoided his gaze and he knew why. "I don't want children right now; and even if I do, there are tons of children out there we can adopt if you want a kid." I looked up at him and grabbed his other hand; forcing me to face him.

"Tell me why you like me." I demanded anxiously. I saw his one eye widen a little and his ears began to creep into its red-shade. His eye glanced side to side, and I stood anxiously awaiting his response.

"Asoka... Dear... Could we do this, later... It's embarrassing doing this in public." He let go of one of my hands to wipe his sweaty palms on his pants and then scratched the back of his head. My heart dropped a little; further sinking into my stomach.

"...Sure." I mumbled and let go of his hand, walking forward.

Needless to say... We didn't talk about it later.
We didn't get to talk about it at all. I should've grabbed his hand again, but I didn't.
Instead I was grabbed by a black blur and everything around me warped until everything stabilized into a pond in front of me and a forest behind me. I was on a sandbank and a shinobi with a headband I didn't recognize.

I brought my hands up in a defensive position; trying to remember my training on hand to hand combat. "What was that?" I asked shocked. I didn't bring any weapons with me; god I was defenseless and this is the most awful situation to be in. My heart lowered further into my stomach.

The shinobi's eyes were covered by its bangs and from both the posture and body type I couldn't tell who or what type of person they were. I felt threatened but I did not feel... Scared.

"We must talk Bara-hime." Said the Shinobi, standing calm against the water. The chakra color was a soft blue that I could barely notice when I first looked at them.