Make Or Break Us

Author's note: Hope you all enjoy! You're all the best

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy's POV:

Loud music was playing from the house. I was lying down on the bed, the cold air caused a shiver to run up my spine. I was staring up at the ceiling. I tried to make out all of the cracks that I could see in the darkness.

"Do you think that they went downstairs?" Tommy asked.

I turned my head so that I could see his silhouette. He was lying down staring up at the ceiling too, but his leg was propped up with pillows that Emily gave him once she change his gauze for him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You called the cops," he said. "Do you think that they went into the basement? They probably did. They probably searched the whole house."

"Does it matter?" I asked. "Carrie already told everyone that you told her that we're murders. Everyone is already on the lookout for us."

"Jim, I'm talking about the freezer."

My heart felt like it threw itself against my ribcage. I never thought about the freezer. I knew that the walls and floor were stained with blood and that we left piles of bones, but I never thought about the meat. It was all packaged in the freezer, but surely they wouldn't investigate into it? It appeared to be just like pork. Julie didn't even notice anything odd about it until I told her.

"We'll be fine," I told him. "It can't get any worse than this."

"What if they find the graves?" Tommy asked.

"They won't find those."

The graveyard was tucked away in the back corner of our farm. It was hidden by trees and it didn't look like any graveyard in town. The baby girl's graves were marked by an attempt to stick a branch in the ground and make a cross. The only ones with names were my parents. I carved their names into rocks and set them down at the bottom of their cross. For the first few years after my mother died, I used to make a paper headstone and stick it to the cross. I wrote her name on it with the crayons Dad would buy and I replaced it every week so it that it still looked nice and new.

"Are you sure?" he asked. "Julie may tell them."

"Julie didn't know about them," I told her.

"Really? Because you always took her outside even though she was never supposed to leave the house."

"Don't tell me how I was supposed to train my girl. You're the one who screwed up."

"This is not my fault!" Tommy propped himself up in his bed so that his weight was resting on his elbow.

"Not your fault? You're the one who stabbed Julie."

"She was-."

Tommy was cut off when someone knocked on the door. I didn't get up to answer it. I had no clue who it was. It could be cops. Steve probably told them where we were. I knew I couldn't trust him.

The door opened and Emily stumbled in. She had her long hair tumbling down her back and she had a tank top on and a pair of pajama bottoms. She flicked the light on. I squinted to stop the brightness from burning my eyes.