A Few Secrets

Author's Note: Sorry for the delay! Now that I have more time to update I'm thinking about starting to post a few more stories. I have one called "Harold's Haunted House" that's more like Family Comes First than my other stories. Would this interest you guys at all? Thanks as always!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's POV:

"Julie what's wrong?" Kenny asked me.

I buried my face into my hands and continued to sob. As much as I hated it in the hospital, at least I was safe from Tommy. I didn't think he'd be able to get into the hospital. They were so focused about keeping me away from Jimmy when they should have been focusing on Tommy.

"Never let him in again," I sobbed.

"Can you tell me what happened?" he asked.

"No." I shook my head. "I can't."

If I told Kenny he'd have the cops track down Tommy. Tommy was heading back to wherever he and Jimmy were staying. I couldn't let that happen. I couldn't have Jimmy arrested.

Kenny let out a deep breath and he shook his head. He raked his hand through his short dark hair. He looked over his shoulder and then leaned down over the bed.

"Listen, Julie," he said in a low voice. "I could get into a lot of trouble for this, but I can't watch you like this. I know you're struggling. If you want to tell me what happened I promise I will not tell anyone. It will be a secret between the two of us. How about that?"

I took in a deep breath and wiped my eyes with the back of my hand. "How do I know you won't tell anyone?"

"You won't." He shrugged his shoulders. "But do you trust me?"

Kenny gave me a faint smile. He was the only person that has been nice to me since I have left the house. Detective Cameron and Hopkins wanted me to blab about my family so that they could lock them up. Kenny has been by my side since I woke up and all he's ever wanted to do was help Hunter and me.

"If you tell anyone I will never trust again," I warned him.

"I understand."

"That wasn't Lina's fiancé," I told him. "It was Tommy."

Kenny's eyes widened and his jaw dropped. He looked back over his shoulder and then back at me. He scrunched his eyebrows together and shook his head.

"You're telling me Tommy just walked by all of us and into your room?" he asked.

I nodded my head and I felt another tear slip down my cheek.

"Julie, it's never going to happen again. We'll never let anyone into your room again," Kenny said. "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"

"No," I said. "He didn't hit me or anything. He just threatened me."

"What did he say?"

"That if I told anyone about him coming in he'd tell everyone where Jimmy is," I said.

"Isn't he in the same spot as Jimmy? That would get both of them arrested."

"He doesn't care if he gets arrested. If that gets Jimmy arrested he'll be happy. Jimmy arrested means that I'll never be able to see him again."

"Julie, that makes no sense. Tommy wouldn't mind being arrested?"

"Because he's insane."

Kenny started to chew on his bottom lip. He took another glance over his shoulder. He must be paranoid that another nurse will overhear us.

"I miss Jimmy," I told him. "I feel like I haven't seen him in forever."

"Julie, while we're being honest, can you tell me if Jimmy ever hurt you?" he asked.

"A few times." I shrugged my shoulders and my fingers were twisted in the sheets. "But I always deserved it."

"Nobody deserves to get hurt."

"No I did. He was punishing me so that I would learn the traditions."

"What kinds of traditions?"

I couldn't tell Kenny about the family traditions. I hoped that he wasn't going to tell anyone what I was telling him. If I told him about the meat though, he would definitely tell the cops.

"They were just stupid little things," I said. "You promise that you won't tell anyone."

"I told you, Julie," he said. "This will be our little secret. If you ever need to talk, I'm here."

--

Carrie's POV:

I put the two glasses of water down on the table. Jacob put the box of pizza down and then pulled out my chair for me. I sat down, and I was careful not to let my back touch the seat.

"Thanks for letting me spend my lunch break here," he told me.

"Thanks for bringing the pizza," I said.

Jacob laughed and sat down in his seat. He had taken his suit jacket off and loosen up his tie. I pulled out a piece of pizza. I watched as the cheese stretched and pulled and it made my mouth water.

"I haven't had pizza in so long," I told him.

"Hospital food is pretty gross," he said pulling out a piece for himself. "Did they feed you in the house or did they make you starve?"

I hated talking about the house. I know Jacob only asked so that they could know everything for when they arrested them. I wanted them locked up for life. They didn't deserve the death penalty, it would be too easy. I told the reporters everything hoping that would help them get caught sooner. But anytime I thought about that house it made my skin crawl.

"I was never hungry, but they made me eat," I told him. "It didn't taste bad at all. Julie did all of the cooking."

"They made you eat?" he asked before taking a bite.

"Yeah. If I said I wasn't hungry they said it wasn't healthy not to eat."

"Strange. That doesn't fit their profile."

I shrugged my shoulders and took a bite of my pizza. We ate in silence and I could see the bags under Jacob's eyes.

"I'm so sorry about last night," I said. "I shouldn't have called you and kept you up all night."

"Carrie, it's no problem at all," he told me. "I gave you my number so you can call me whenever you need. I've worked with a few victims and they all have trouble adjusting back to life. None of them went through anything close to what you experienced."

"Thank you," I said. I could feel the heat rushing up to my cheeks. "I can't wait until Julie gets here. It's just being alone at night that bothers me."

"If you want I can stay over tonight."

"What?"

"I mean like if being alone bothers you I can camp out on the couch. That way you know you'll be safe. Sorry if that sounded weird."

I giggled and nodded my head. "Sounds good to me."