Had To Be Done

Author's Note: Some of know, but I had been really sick for the past two weeks, so sorry for the update delay. I hope you all enjoy this update. Next chapter is the end to this series.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jimmy's POV

Anytime I moved, I gritted my teeth in pain. I had been drifting in and out of consciousness all night. Julie was holding my hand, and then I seemed to blink and she was gone. Every time I woke up she was not there. When someone shook my shoulder, I thought she had come back.

The detective Julie came in with earlier was leaning over me. The sleeves to his shirt were rolled up and the tie around his neck was loose.

"Where is Tommy?" he asked me.

"The house," I said. My voice was hoarse.

The detective shook his head and ran his hand down his face.

"He's not there," he said. "Juliet was apparently allowed to go outside unsupervised and is now missing. There's video of someone pushing her wheelchair into the garage."

"Tommy." It had to be him.

If I was able to stay awake, Julie would have never left. Why did she leave? She knew it wasn't safe out there. How did Tommy find her? He must have been waiting around for her to leave.

"Where is Tommy?" the detective asked again.

"The truck," I said. "He has the truck."

"The blue one? The one Carrie and Juliet told us about?"

"Yes."

The detective straightened out and nodded his head. He went to the door and I could feel myself slipping back into sleep. He turned around on his heels and looked at me.

"Jimmy, by the way," he said. "We need to talk about those bodies buried at the house once we find Juliet."

Julie's POV

Tommy snaked his arm around my waist as we left the pizzeria. I felt the metal of the knife press into my skin and my heart jumped in my chest. Tommy kept his eyes down on the pavement and he pulled me along with him as he walked.

I didn't know how I was going to be able to reach into my tights to get the knife without Tommy noticing. Even when I did get it out, I don't know how much damage it could possibly do. The blade was dull, and it was going to take a lot of effort to do any damage to him. I would have to aim for a sensitive spot, like his eye, and then take off running.

"Tommy," I said.

He dug his fingers into my waist and caused me to yelp. He shot a glance at me and shook his head.

"Keep quiet," he said. "And don't say my name."

I let out a shaky breath and propped Hunter up on my hip. This caused Tommy's hand to slide off of my waist, and instead he grabbed my arm and pulled me beside him. I wanted to reach into my tights and pull out the knife, but he would notice.

As he walked down the sidewalk, the stores and restaurants trickled out and became replaced by houses. I looked at Tommy to see him gritting his teeth as he hobbled forward. The pain running up his leg matched mine. I saw a chain fence, and beyond that it was a park.

"Can we take a break?" I asked.

"We have to keep moving," he said.

"Just for five minutes." I dug my heels in the ground to stop Tommy from pulling me forward. He let go of my arm and turned around to face me. "Please, my leg hurts. We can sit in that park for five minutes. Nobody will see us."