Lies

Author's Note: So sorry it took me so long to update! I hope you all enjoy. Keep commenting and voting :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's POV:

This couldn't be possibly happening to me. I thought I got lucky when they never mentioned anything about the meat to me. They obviously just didn't know yet. If they were on such an intense search for Jimmy and Tommy now, they were about to tear apart the country looking for them.

I couldn't let that happen. I had to get all of the blame onto Tommy. I had to prove Jimmy as the innocent one. I've already started blaming Tommy, I just needed to continue.

Jimmy was in my bedroom. Remembering every single thing I told the cops would be crucial. I'd have to repeat it to him, so that if he ever gets arrested then his story would match mine.

I continued to let the fake tears roll down my cheeks. Pretending to cry bought me enough time to come up with a plan. Cameron had escorted Carrie out of the living room. He was going to tell her about the meat. Carrie would definitely be knocking on my door later tonight wanting to talk to me about it. I was the only one she could talk to about that house. If I started blaming Tommy she'd go along with it in a heartbeat.

Hopkins rested back in her chair. She was chewing on the back of her pen as she watched me. I kept my head low and waited until Cameron walked back into the living room. He was rolling up his sleeves and sat down on the edge of the chair. I wiped the tears off of my face.

"Can I restart?" I asked. I made sure my voice was shaky. I had to get them to feel bad for me, just like I did when I first met Jimmy.

"Restart what?" Cameron asked.

"My story," I said. "I'm so sorry. I've been so scared. I don't want to go to jail. I've been making things up so you wouldn't take Hunter from me. I' m sorry. I was so terrified."

"Absolutely not," Hopkins said.

"Go ahead." Cameron shot her a look and Hopkins rolled her eyes. "Start from the beginning. And Julie, this is your last chance. If we find out you've been lying you'll be serving some time."

I took in a deep breath and nodded my head. This was my last chance and I couldn't mess it up.

"I met Jimmy a couple months before I disappeared," I started. I wish I had a night to think this over. "I met him in a bar – I was under aged of course – but a fake ID got me in. He offered to buy me a drink and we spent the whole night talking."

"Why would Jimmy be in a bar in New York?" Hopkins asked.

"He had a friend that lived New Hampshire and he stopped for the night at a hotel nearby."

Hopkins nodded her head, but I'm sure she was doubting me.

"Anyways," I continued. "We wrote each other letters for months and months. That's what most of those letters you found were. We fell in love and he felt bad for me when he found out I was a stripper and how lonely I was."

"And then he kidnapped you?" Hopkins asked.

"Let her finish," Cameron said. His elbows were resting on his knees and his fingers were tented in front of his face.

"He never kidnapped me, but they did kidnap Carrie," I told them.

"Why did they kidnap Carrie?" Cameron asked.