A Bloody Discovery

Author's Note: Sorry I don't update as often as I usually do. This month has been hell with exams and a couple of personal problems. Now that I'm done school I'm going to try my best to update whenever I can! I hope you all forgive me! You're the greatest readers ever :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's POV:

I was struggling to keep my eyes open. My eyelids felt heavy as I rested my head against the window. Cameron was driving me back to my apartment.

After leaving Jimmy's room, Cameron drove me to the police station. He made me sit in a room by myself for thirty minutes before he came back in. He pulled the chair out from the desk and sat down next to me. Then the questions came. He questioned me for hours. I remembered the story that I made with Jimmy and I stuck to it. Cameron tried rephrasing questions to trip me up, but I stayed true to my story.

I thought the questioning from Cameron was bad, but it just got worse. Hopkins came in after he finished. She pulled the chair back behind the desk and sat down. She started questioning me too. Many of her questions were the same as Cameron's, so I made sure to give the same answers.

The sun was bright and shining when Cameron had rolled me into that police station, and by the time we left it was dark and a cold breeze caused my teeth to chatter.

All of this had tired me out. I felt myself drifting in and out of sleep. Cameron didn't say anything to me, and when he realized I was falling asleep he turned down the volume of the radio.

When we got back to the apartment, he shook my shoulder to wake me up.

"Hey, Juliet," he said softly. "We're at your house now."

I dug the heel of my palm into my eyes. Cameron got out of the car first and pulled the wheelchair out of the backseat. I was able to get out of the car by myself, but Cameron made me sit down in the chair. I wasn't going to complain.

"Going to bed early tonight?" he asked me as he pushed me down the hall.

"Probably," I said. "It's been a long day."

"At least it's over."

I handed Cameron my key and he unlocked the door. He opened up the door. I took in such a sharp gasp that my chest burned.

Carrie was lying on the living room floor with her limbs sprawled out. A pool of blood was surrounding her. Cameron ran to Carrie and kneeled on the ground at the edge of the blood. He was feeling for a pulse on her neck, but I know he wasn't going to be feeling anything. I rolled myself into the apartment.

Tommy was here. It had to be him.

A wave of nausea hit of me when I thought about Hunter.

Cameron was on his phone calling for backup and an ambulance. He was chewing on his lip and raking his fingers through his hair.

Last time I saw Hunter he was in the kitchen eating. Cameron's body was blocking most of the doorway to the kitchen. Before I knew it I was up on my feet and dragging my leg to the kitchen. Cameron was so focused on Carrie that he didn't notice me slip behind him.

The kitchen was empty. I dragged myself down the hallway. I prayed that I would hear his cries somewhere. I opened up every door and quickly scanned the room. I couldn't see Hunter anywhere.

"Hunter!" I screamed out. If he was asleep, I could wake him up and hear his cries. It was useless, and I knew it. Tommy had Hunter if he hadn't killed him yet.

When I got back into the living room, Cameron was still on the ground. He reached over and closed Carrie's eyelids. She was dead.

Cameron got up off of the ground, but he kept his eyes locked on Carrie's body. He didn't look up until he heard me drag myself closer. He looked at me and then over to the empty wheelchair.

"Juliet-" he started to say.

"It was Tommy," I cut him off. I didn't realize I was crying until I heard my voice crack. I fell into Cameron and started sobbing. "Hunter's gone! He took him! He killed Carrie! He's going to kill Hunter!"

Cameron was rubbing my back. I could feel my knees buckle under me. He guided me over to the couch and got down on his knees in front of me.

"Juliet, you need to calm down," he told me.

I was gasping for air, my chest was burning and the tears were rolling down my cheeks. I wiped them away hastily.

"Officers are coming," he told me. "We are going to find Hunter. I just need you to tell me where Tommy would go."

I shook my head. I needed to start thinking straight. Hunter's life relied on it.

"There's a house," I said. I couldn't stop from sobbing, but at least I was talking. "I don't know where it is."

"The house you lived in with Jimmy?"

"No. Tommy and Jimmy lived in some house after he called the ambulance."

"Do you know what town it is in?"

"No. But Jimmy would. We need to go to the hospital."

"I'll head down there with an officer when they come."

"I want to go too."

"No." Cameron shook his head. "It's way too dangerous. The officer and I will be looking for the house right away."

"Then let me stay at the hospital," I begged. "You can't leave me here. What if Tommy comes back?"

"I'll make sure there are officers that are always watching the house."

"I don't need an officer. I need Jimmy. Just let me stay with him at the hospital. There's already officers there. He's too weak anyways to hurt me like you think he will."

Cameron chewed on his lip. Before he could say anything, there was a bang on the door. Cameron ran to it. He looked through the peephole before opening the door. The apartment quickly filled with cops and paramedics. I squeezed my eyes shut. I could not stand to look at Carrie's body. The metallic smell of blood filled my nose.

I watched Cameron as he talked to several of the officers. He glanced at me a few times, but he never did say anything. One of the paramedics pulled out a body bag for Carrie and I forced myself to look down at me knees.

"Are you hurt?" somebody asked.

I glanced up to see a paramedic towering over me. I shook my head and he left me alone.

"Juliet, are you ready?" Cameron asked me. "You're coming with us to the hospital."