Reunion

Author's Note: I know my last chapter had a mean cliff hanger so I tried to update sooner. Hope you all enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Julie's POV:

The fire escape continued to rattle and shake. I looked over the edge, but I couldn't see anything in the darkness. It sounded like somebody was climbing up. It was probably one of those crazy reporters who followed Cameron's van to the apartment building. I threw the comforter over my shoulder and went into my room.

I set Hunter down on my pillow and set one of his stuffed animals into his arms. I pulled the curtain across my large glass door. The fire escape continued to rattle, so I stayed by the edge of the curtain. I listened to the stranger climb up. My heart was pounding in my chest when I heard the stranger walking across my balcony.

Biting down on my lip, I peered passed the curtain. A man was standing on the balcony. He was tall, and he was looking up at the balcony above mine. He was wearing a dark sweater and jeans, and he seemed to almost blend in the black of night.

The man let his chin drop, and I pulled my head back past the curtain. I tried my best to control my breathing, I felt like it was too loud and he'd hear me. I threw my hand over my mouth to stop myself from panting.

I waited another minute before looking back past the curtain. The man was still standing on the balcony. His dark hair flew out from his hood with the wind. He pulled back his hood, so that he could tuck his hair behind his ears.

It felt like my heart dropped into my stomach. I couldn't believe it.

That scar.

It was Jimmy.

I pulled the door open, and he raised his head to look at me. My knees were shaking as I stepped out onto the balcony. Jimmy's lips curled into a smile, he ran toward me and wrapped his arms around me. My chest burned, but it felt so good to be in his arms that I ignored it.

"Julie, I can't believe it," he said.

"Sshhh," I whispered to him. "Nobody can know you're here."

Jimmy gave me a tight squeeze before loosening his grip. He lowered his face down so that he could press the bridge of his nose against mine. I got up on my toes to close the distance between us. His hands ran up my back as we kissed. I never thought that this was going to happen again.

"Come inside," I whispered. "I don't want anyone to see us."

"Isn't Carrie home?"

"She's asleep. We just need to be quiet."

I laced my fingers through his and pulled him inside. I pulled the curtain over the door as Jimmy pulled his sweater over his head. I ran over to my bed and picked up Hunter. Jimmy's face light up when he saw him.

"Hunter?" he asked, reaching out for him. I handed Hunter over, he still had his stuffed elephant in his hand and his mouth. "He's gotten so big. I barely recognized him."

"Really?" I whispered. "He looks so much like you."

Jimmy sat down on the edge of my bed and started to quietly coo at Hunter. It looked like there were bag under Jimmy's large eyes. I wondered where he was staying. He looked like he wasn't getting much sleep. He probably stays up all night making sure no one finds him. I sat down next to him.