A Change of Plans

Author's Note: I've been getting a lot of messages lately, so I want to clear up something. I am NOT quitting wattpad. I've been having a lot of writer's block and I've been struggling with writing lately. I'm sorry it's taking me so long to update! Thank you to everybody who has stuck with me through both of these books!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tommy's POV:

I didn't want to start driving again until Hunter stopped crying. I wouldn't be able to hear any sirens if he was wailing. I tried bouncing him up and down, like I had seen Julie do with him many times before, but it didn't help. I set him down in the backseat and turned on the radio. He had to stop crying eventually.

I listened to a few songs before switching over to the station that played the news. I listened to a man mumble on about things happening in countries I never heard of before. Hunter's cries started to calm down, and I was about to start driving again, but I heard Julie's name being mentioned.

"The apartment of Carolyn Bishop and Juliet Bishop was broken into today," the man on the radio said. "Carolyn was murdered, and Juliet's son is missing. Police are suspecting the intruder to be Thomas Wilcox, one of the men that has kidnapped the girls. His brother, James Wilcox, is hospitalized with critical wounds. Anyone who has seen anything is encouraged to tell the police."

Jimmy was alive?

My fingers tightened around the steering wheel, and I watched as my knuckles turned white. I knew I should have plunged that blade into his chest, but I heard the sirens and knew that I didn't have time. Julie would put up even more of a fight with me if she knew Jimmy was alive.

I was going to have to go back to the hospital and kill Jimmy. It was the only option I had. I picked Hunter up from the backseat and set him on my seat between my legs. He grabbed the steering wheel with his tiny hands, and giggled as I cranked the wheel to turn around.

How was I going to get into the hospital? There were probably cops surrounding him. He's the monster they were all looking for. Surely once they lock him away, they'll stop looking for me. I'll have Juliet, and no one will be hunting us down.

After killing Jimmy, I was going to have to find Julie. That was probably going to be harder than trying to find Jimmy. I at least knew what building to find Jimmy in. I'm sure those cops are keeping Julie as far away from the apartment as possible.

Julie's POV

Jimmy couldn't stop himself from drifting in and out of consciousness. I hated it when he was asleep. I was left alone with my thoughts. My mind kept thinking about what Tommy could be doing to Hunter. My precious little Hunter.

I knew it was selfish, but I didn't want to be left alone. My fingers were laced through Jimmy's, but I'd pinch the ends of his fingertips. His eyes would barely open, but he'd give my hand a slight squeeze.

The nurse came in every once in awhile, but she kept her eyes on the ground and wouldn't say a word to us. Sensing her uneasiness stopped me from trying to start a conversation with her.

My eyes felt heavy, but I didn't dare try to sleep. I always thought my nightmares of Tommy were bad. I don't want to know what they're going to be like knowing he has Hunter.

I leaned forward and combed Jimmy's hair with my fingers. It was greasy, I don't know when the last time he was able to shower.

"Jimmy," I said softly.

He muttered something, but I wasn't able to understand what he said.

"Jimmy, I'm sorry," I said. I don't think he was able to hear me, but I needed to say it. "I'm so sorry. I should have never let you leave the apartment. I knew it wasn't safe."

Jimmy didn't move. He was probably fast asleep. I could feel the tears stinging my eyes. I was afraid to blink because I knew I would be sobbing. If I was sobbing, one of the cops outside would come in to see if I was okay. I wanted to be alone with Jimmy.

"I'm sorry I was so difficult," I continued. "I should have told you want Tommy was planning. I should have never let Tommy touch me. I shouldn't have put Carrie before myself."

I blinked and the cold tears were streaming down my cheeks. I squeezed Jimmy's hand. I needed him to wake up. I needed him to tell me it was okay. He needed to tell me I was good.

"I'm sorry I always put up such a fight." I took in a deep breath to control the tears. "I just want to go back in time. Those nights where we were home alone, and we only had to worry about us. It'll never be that simple again."

I was beginning to pant for breath. There was a dull ache over my chest where Tommy had stabbed me that night. Jimmy was the one to save me then. He was the only one who could save me, and now he is lying in a hospital bed. He's dying and I can't save him. Hunter could be dying, and I can't save him. If anything happened to him it would be my fault.

I let go of Jimmy's hand and wiped the tears off of my face. I was gasping for breath, and the ache in my chest was becoming more antagonizing. I needed to go out and get some fresh air. The stuffy air of his hospital room was making my head spin even more.

I turned around and wheeled my way out of his room. The cops looked down at me when they heard the door open. I knew my face would be all red and splotchy from crying.

"I need some fresh air," I told them as I continued to wheel myself forward.

"One of us should go with you," one cop said.

"Please, I just want some time alone."

The two cops exchanged a glance, but neither said anything. Nurses and doctors rushed past me as I made my way over to the ambulance. I should have left my wheelchair in Jimmy's room, but the crying has probably made me legs all shaky.

I was so happy when I was finally outside. I took in a deep breath of the crisp cool night's air and let it fill my lungs. I don't know how long I was outside for, but I must have drifted off to sleep. I woke up when a few cold rain drops hit my face. I wiped them way, still groggy from sleep. I was startled when I felt someone pushing my wheelchair.

"We should get you out of the rain," an eerily familiar voice said as I was being pushed farther away from the hospital.