Destination: New York: Part 5

The next morning Remy woke early. Sleep came hard unlike Bruno who seemed to sleep like a baby. Every time he would close his eyes all he could see was Anna Marie calling for him. She needed his help he was sure, but right now he was helpless to do anything because he had no idea where she was.

While Bruno was still sleeping, Remy leafed through Rogue's sketchbook. He was looking for something, but he didn't know what. Perhaps there was some clue in one of her drawings that would help him find her. The problem was that he was so tired that his mind wasn't functioning correctly, but the trouble was that there was no way he could get some sleep now. The sun was rising, so sleep would have to wait.

He thought it would be a good idea to hop in the shower before anyone else woke up. Early morning solitude was quite appealing right then.

After taking a quick shower, he changed clothes. Just when he was ready to start the day, Bruno was just waking up. He jumped out of bed as soon as the alarm clock went off. He looked like a kid on Christmas morning.

"Great morning, isn't it?" Bruno asked as he missed up his shaggy shoulder length black hair.

"Yeah, great," Remy said and picked up a small box made of iron. He removed the contents which was a small green stone and stuck it in his pocket.

"Hey, what was that?" Bruno asked.

"Somet'in' dat belongs t' Anna Marie," he said and made sure the stone was secure.

"The problem is we don't even know where she is," Bruno said as he reached in to the dresser drawer for a t-shirt. He took a black one and slipped it on.

"Well, if I find her, I'm gonna give it back," he said and put his hand on the packet that contained the stone and felt the lump it made. All he could think of was that beautiful smile he used to see on her that was only for him.

"Correction... when we find her," Bruno said and grabbed a towel from the bottom drawer. He had swiped it from the linen closet the night before.

"Jus' remember t'keep this between us," he said, reminding his roommate of his promise. "No blabbing to your girl."

"Don't worry, Remy, no one's going to know," Bruno said and thought for a moment. "Wait a minute, that's why you agreed to come here, isn't it?" Remy didn't say anything. "Yeah, it is. You have no interest in fighting the good fight."

"De love of a woman is de only incentive Remy needs," he said and gave a smirk. "What if dat were Tara?"

"You got me," Bruno said with a laugh. "I'd do anything for her." With that he walked down the hall to take a shower.

Remy left the room and walked down the hall searching for the stairway. Just as he was about to descend the stairs, a dark-haired girl almost ran into him.

"Oh, sorry," she said and Remy looked over and recognized her as Bruno's girl, Tara.

"Dat's okay, petite," he said and gave a bow. "Ladies first."

"So, have you seen Bruno?" she asked as they walked down the stairs together.

"In de shower," Remy said as he noticed the over-sized sweatshirt she was wearing. "You know you could have flown down."

"Maybe... when it's working," she said and looked down at the floor. "They... Uhh...have a mind of their own sometimes."

"Remy starving, hope de got breakfast goin' 'round dis place," Remy said as they reached the dining hall.

"I guess we'll soon find out," she said as Remy opened the double doors which he hoped would lead to the promise of breakfast.

Once they entered, they saw a woman with long white hair and dark skin there to greet them. On the plane ride back, Scott and Jean gave the three of them the rundown on all the staff and other students, and Remy remembered her as the one called Storm.