Revelations: Part 4

Riding on Remy's bike Rogue could feel the wind blowing in her hair and the cold air whipping her face. It was a marvelous feeling, but when they finally stopped she was a little disappointed. They were in a back-parking lot of a small building, and Rogue was curious as to what kind of place this was.

"Where are we?" she asked as he helped her off the bike.

"My favorite place," he said and took her hands. "I come here when I want to blow off some steam." She smiled thinking about what out of the way place he had brought her to. He was right about one thing. No one from school would hang out here.

"So, what are we gonna do here?" she asked.

"Not much, just order a few drinks, and little somet'ing to eat, talk among other t'ings," he said, and she was intrigued about what he meant by other things.

"So, what are we waiting for," she said as he took her hand and led her to the back entrance. Once inside she realized that he brought her to a pool bar. There were only a few people inside, but she didn't recognize any of them. It was a good thing since she wasn't even sure if it was legal for her to even be there. He led her to a corner table in the back that was as secluded as it could be in such a small place.

"So, do you bring all your dates here?" she asked as sat down.

"Dare are no ot'er girls, not since we met again in New Orleans," he said and took her hand. She remembered she was wearing the necklace, so it was safe to touch. "No need to be jealous."

"Ah'm not," she said but she was lying. He could see it too. "Well, maybe a little. Ya live in that house with all those hot X-girls. Ah just wonder if you showed any of them a good time."

"Anna, I ain't interested in any of dem.," he said, and she was for sure that he was telling the truth. "Sure, dere pretty, but dey ain't you."

He leaned over to give her a light kiss. "Believe me now?" he asked.

"Ah trust ya," she said as a waitress came over.

"Hey, handsome," the waitress said and made it a point to stick her breasts in his face. She was a leggy blonde with a generous figure, and she was shamelessly flirting with him. Rogue did her best to ignore it. "So, will you be having the usual?"

"Beer and a bowl of chili," he said.

"And your friend," she said, putting emphasis on her last word.

"Chili sounds good and a soda," she said and gave the girl a smile. Her eyes took a darker tone telling the girl to back off her man.

"Coming right up," she said and left the table, trying to avoid looking at Rogue

She had to laugh at how the girl was behaving. She could see he was with someone and still she pathetically tried to hit on him, although if the situation was reversed she may have done the same thing but only if he was alone.

"Did I ever tell you I'm glad you have your memory back?" She nodded her answer. It was still hard to think that there was a time when she couldn't remember something as brief as it may be. Mystique tried taking away a part of herself, but thanks to Remy she got it back. "It jus' about killed me bein' away from you."

"Ah didn't like it either," she said as he held onto her hand. She just loved the feel of his skin on her. He's hands were rough but still gentle. "Even though I couldn't remember you, ah felt like a part of me was gone."

"You still have nightmares about dat?" he asked and she looked up in surprised. "I snuck over to the Brotherhood house one night and climbed up to your window. I saw you tossin' and turnin' in your sleep."

"So, you knew I was havin' nightmares?" she asked and he just kissed her hand. "Well, ah still have them, but there not as bad. Ah just think about you, and somehow they go away."

"Dat true?" he asked.

"Yeah," she said as the waitress came back with their order.

They continued to talk and enjoy each other's company as they ate. It was just a nice easy-going date, and Rogue was truly enjoying herself for the first time since she came to Bayville. After they finished eating Remy suggested they play a game of pool. Rogue hesitated in answering which made Remy come to a certain conclusion.

"You know how de play, don' you?" he asked and she had a look of embarrassment on her face.

"Well... not really," she said looking away.

"Dat's okay, Remy will teach ya," he said.

"You're gonna teach me to play pool?" she asked.

"Unless you scared of making a fool a yourself," he said with a smirk.

"Ah told ya before, Remy LeBeau, ah ain't afraid a nothin'," she said and stood up out of her chair. "So where do we start?"

Remy led her over to the pool table and taught her everything there was to know about the game. She started out not going very well, but by their third game she was able to hold her own, and even caught the eye of several gentlemen patrons. Remy gave a guy a dirty look for looking at Rogue's ass a little too long.

In their last game she didn't beat Remy but she came close. She wanted that night to last forever, but then she looked at the clock and saw that it was just past 10:30. They had just about enough time to get back to the park in time for Fred to pick her up.

"Ah guess we gotta leave now," Rogue said and looked disappointed.

"You could just call Fred and tell him your date will be giving you a ride home... tomorrow morning," he said and had a devilish look in his eye.

"Remy, we can't do that," she said as he put away the pool sticks. "The point was that the other boys think ah'm datin' Fred and not you."

"I still don't like dat idea," Remy said.

"It won't be like that forever," she said and took his hand. "For now, we gotta go."

"Alright," he said and put his arm around her as they walked out together.

They made their way back to the park with ten minutes to spare. "Ah guess I should get going," Rogue said, but Remy had his arms around her and wasn't about to let her go.

"Not before I give you a goodnight kiss," he said. "It's customary."

"Ah guess we can't go against tradition," Rogue said as she looked deep into his eyes. They had kissed before, but tonight she seemed a bit nervous. It was their first actual date. Her heart was beating fast as he came closer to her and as their lips touched she melted into him.

Any fears that she had seemed to disappear as he held her into his arms. Her mouth opened slightly and she felt his tongue inside of her mouth and it was the sweetest taste she ever experienced. She never wanted this feeling to end. No one had ever made her feel the way Remy did, weak and strong at the same time, terrified and fearless all in the same breath.

Finally, they came up for air. "You better go before Fred gets here," she said still breathless and a little weak in the knees.

"Non, Chere, ain't goin' nowhere until I know your safe."

"Remy, ah don't want him t'see you," she said with a look a fright on her face.

"Don't worry, he won't," he said and walked over to some nearby trees. He jumped into one and she realized that she couldn't really see him anymore, but she knew that he was there.

She saw Fred's truck, and was surprised that the old jalopy was still running. That showed her that Fred was an excellent mechanic, but he was also a good friend. She wished she could have told him what was going on, but she couldn't risk it. If Mystique got wind that she was sneaking around with an X-Man, she would be furious, and Rogue feared she was take steps to split them up.

"Hey, Rogue," Fred said and waved. She waved back to tell him that she saw him. She looked back to the place that Remy was hiding and blew him a kiss before heading off. She walked towards Fred's truck taking her time not wanting to leave the park. She knew Remy was watching and knew his heart ached as much at their parting as hers did.