Secrets & Deceptions: Part 2

Note: I'm dedicating this chapter to AgentX-25 for giving me my 100th comment.

The afternoon of the next day Tara was in her room getting ready for her "date" with Pietro. The only people at the institute who knew about it were Bruno and Remy. She put on her tight leather black top with the low back that made it possible for her wings to be free, although she would be wearing her red leather jacket to hide them while she was on the street.

She wore her red leather boots and black jeans. It was dressy but casual without being overly slutty.

"Whoa, look at you," Kitty said as she came in the room. Tara was startled and jumped at the sound of her roommate's voice. "Hot date with Bruno?"

"No, just a study date," she said and Kitty rolled her eyes.

"Who dresses like that for a study date?" Kitty asked skeptical of Tara's plans.

"We're going out after," Tara said but it was not an altogether lie. She was meeting Bruno and Remy at the cafe to report back anything she might find going on at the Brotherhood House. "Well, I'll see you later."

Tara walked out the door and down the stairs, and Bruno met her by the door. He had a sullen look on his face. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"No, but it has to be done, and besides it would be rude to back out now," Tara leaned forward to give him a kiss. "Now, remember you and Remy are meeting me in the café in two hours."

"Alright, but if your late I'm coming after you," he said and they walked out together. Kitty was watching from the top of the stairs. She sighed thinking it was just a regular date, but she had no idea what they were really up to.

Bruno drove Tara to the street where the Brotherhood house was located and Tara got off his bike with her school bag with the books that she needed for her "study date." and her black leather purse She made sure to bring her phone just in case she needed to take pictures.

"I think I'm ready," she said and was about to walk off.

"Tara, wait," Bruno said and came towards him. They were behind a high line of tall brushes so they wouldn't be seen. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her long and hard. As always, his kisses left her a bit light-headed. "Remember if anything happens hit the panic code and send it to me. The Café is only five minutes away."

"I will, now go before any of those Brotherhood boys sees you."

"Okay, okay, I'm going," he said and she stayed in that spot watching him drive off. She didn't move until he was out of sight and then walked the short distance to the house. It wasn't hard to spot seeing that the sign was right out in front reading: The Brotherhood House. Tara swiftly made it up the walkway. She waited a moment and then knocked on the door.

After a few minutes someone finally answered. It was a giant of a kid that Tara recognized from school. It was Fred Dukes, and he was holding a jumbo-sized nutty buddy ice cream in his hand. "Hey, there, is Pietro around?"

"Who wants to know?" he asked while devouring the last of the waffle cone.

"I'm Tara," she said with a flirtatious smile. "I'm Speedy's study date."

"Oh, yeah, he did say something about that. He's in the backyard doing the landscaping." He turned towards the backdoor and yelled, "Hey, Quicksilver, your date's here!"

In an instant Tara saw the silvery-haired boy standing in front of her.

"Get out of here, Blob," he said as he flirtatiously smiled at Tara.