CHAPTER TWO

We had got to Marshall's house and god damn was it huge. I followed him as he lead me through the tour of his house. We had gotten upstairs and I noticed a picture on the table. It was a picture of three young girls.

"Are these your daughters?" I asked in a volume a little higher than a whisper. My throat was sore and I was getting sick, no doubt. He came over to me and gripped the other side of the picure so we were both holding it. He looked down at the picture and he glowed. His eyes lit up as soon as he looked at it.

"Yeah..." He said softly.

"They're beautiful. I can tell you love them."

"I do..." He looked at me and since he picked me up off the side of the road...now was the first time I have ever seen him smile. He always had the bad boy personality in public and I've never seen this side of Eminem. "Come on. I have to show you where you'll sleep."

He grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the room. I glanced down at our intertwined hand and blushed. Then, as if on cue, he dropped my hand making my body seem all but warm again.

"This is where you'll sleep. I can give you some clothes for tonight and we'll figure something else out tomorrow." I looked around the room and it was gorgeous. There was a full sized bed with a pretty grey comforter. The walls were painted a beauiful cream color and there were two windows. One was a bay window and the other was a regular window. Then there was a balcony that led outside and two grey dressers that matched the comforter. There were two doors that I assumed was the bathroom and a closet.

"Thank you." I said turning around and embracing him in a hug. His body went stiff but then he huggged me back.

"Follow me." he said as the hug ended. I did what he told and we went to his room. "This is my room. If you need anything I'll be here, in my studio, or my study, which I've showed you already." He then walked over to his dresser and pulled out a white tee and grey sweatpants. "You can put these on."

"Thank you...again Marshall," I said, taking the clothes. "This means so much to me. I really appreciate it."

"No sweat. You can stay as long as needed."

"Thank you." I said walking back to my room. I went into the bathroom and changed my clothes. I sat on the bed just thinking about everything that has happened today. I then decided to go out on the balcony. I walked out and cold air instantly hit me but I didn't care because I was already sick. I closed the door behind me and walked to the railing looking up at the stars.

How did I end up here? I had dreams...goals....and I just dropped them for a guy who I thought I was in love with. My mother would be ashamed of me. I let her down. I let myself down. My life is a complete mess. I listened to everyone else. The people who said I couldn't do it and the people that said no. I could've done better! I could've went to college and got a job! I could've fucking been something but now I'm stuck with a deadbeat ex boyfriend with no job, no house, no friends....

I heard the balcony door open up and I turned to find Em coming out. He walked towards me and put his back against the railing with his elbows on it.

"Hey? Why you crying?" he asked looking at me. I didn'y notice I was crying until he said it. I wiped my face and looked back at the stars.

"Do you even need an answer for that question?"

"Yeah...I guess you're right," he said lifting himself of the railing. "Things get better. I promise."

"Yeah, right. No one has any faith in me. Always said I couldn't do it. I have no job, no place to stay, I DON'T EVEN HAVE A FRIEND! WHY?! BECAUSE SHE FUCKED MY BOYFRIEND," I got louder as the tears started to come out, "my ex boyfriend...."

"You have me." Marshall simply said looking at the stars too.

"What?"

"I'll be your friend. Actually no. I am your friend. Come here." he said pulling me into a hug. I continued to cry. Look at this. Crying on the Eminem's shoulder. Marshall's big arms wrapped around me and he smelled really nice. I ended the hug and wiped my eyes again.

"I'm sorry about your shirt." I said looking down at his plain white shirt.

"Its okay. It only cost me about $10."

"What. The. Fuck? You have all the money in the world and you buy $10 shirts. You can get whatever you want!" He then looked down at me, since I was way shorter, and his piercing blue eyes lookd into mine. He became very serious.

"But I have everything I need." he said not breaking eye contact. I stared back at him and then looked back at the stars.

"You shouldn't cry. We've all had tough times. I definitely know how it feels but look where I am now." he said looking at the stars too.

"I just want to be told yes..." I said in a little whisper with my head down.

~flashback~

Coloring is fun. My teacher, Mrs. Penny lets us color everyday. I'm coloring a picture of what I want to be when I grow up. Its a picture of me singing. I want to be a singer and everyone says I am really good. I saw my mommy come in the classroom here to pick me up. She's not my real mommy. My real mommy went away. They said she became a pretty pretty angel and she'll come back one day. My new mommy can be really mean to me but its okay. If I say something bad somtimes she hits me but I don't say anything. As I walked out of the classroom, I showed mommy my drawing.

"Look! It's me singing! I want to be a pretty singer when I get bigger."

Mommy smiled but she didn't seem happy. When we got home I went straight to the fridge and put my picture on it. Then mommy came and she slapped me. I fell on the floor and held my cheek as I cried.

"NO! YOU THINK YOU'RE FUCKING CUTE WITH YOUR LITTLE FUCKING DRAWINGS! NO DAUGHTER OF MINE IS GOING TO BE A FUCKING SINGER! YOU WON'T MAKE IT YOU'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH! BE SOMETHING FUCKING NORMAL YOU PIECE OF SHIT! BE A TEACHER OR SOMETHING!"

"BUT I WANNA BE A SINGER!" I yelled getting up.

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE! I DIDN'T ADOPT YOU SO YOU CAN BE A SINGER!" She said grabbing my arm and dragging me to my room. "YOU DO WHAT THE FUCK I SAY!" and she slammed the door.

~end of flashback~

A tear slipped out as I thought about that moment. Marshall noticed and took my chin between his fingers so I was facing him.

"Hey. Don't cry. Its alright." he said wiping away my tears. "Maybe you should get some rest." He grabbed my hand again and we walked back into the room. He let it go and I walked to the bed. I got in and Marshall came and stood beside the bed. I sneezed and Marshall say bless you and I thanked him.

"It's going to be okay. Just keep your head up." Marshall said before walking towards the door.

"Hey Marshall!" I called before he left. "Thank you."

"No sweat! Good night Summer."

"Good night Marshall."