CHAPTER THIRTEEN

It was 3:10 and I was all ready to go. I had on blue ripped jeans, a white tank top with a black blazer over it and some black and gold open toe heels. I paired it with some black triangle earrings and a black Micheal Kors purse. 

I stepped out of the bathroom and into the room where Marshall was laying on the bed watching TV.

"How'd do I look?"

He looked over at me and his eyes grew wide. 

"You look beautiful." he said getting up and walking to me.

"Thank you, love. I'm about to leave."

"Make sure you-"

"Bring a body guard just in case, yeah I know. Chase is waiting for me down stairs. Now I gotta go. I don't want to be late," I said kissing him on the lips, "See you in a little."

"Okay baby, good luck!" He said as I walked towards the door. 

I shouted a thank you and went down stairs and saw Chase who was leaning against my car. I held my keys in my hand and unlocked the door. I looked Chase over who seemed to be dressed nice as well even though he always does.

"You look nice," he said smiling as we both got in.

"Thanks. I would say you clean up nicely but you're dressed like this everyday."

He let out a deep hearty laugh. I started the car and began to drive to Syd's house. I honked the horn and soon she came out. 

"Heyyy sexy!!" She said getting into the car.

"Hey girl!!" I said back as she put her seat belt on.

I pulled away and started to go to the Marriott. 

"Uh, hi Sydney." Chase said nervously. 

"Hi Chase."

 I looked over at Chase and saw him blushing.

"You look very nice."

I had to admit. She looked really good. She had on black leggings, a white peplum shirt with a black necklace, and black heels. She held her small black clutch in her hand where gold bangles dangled on her wrist.

"Thank you. So do you." She said smiling softy.

I looked over at Chase again and lifted an eyebrow. He shifted uncomfortably in his seat and I smiled and continued driving.

***

The Marriott was huge and gorgeous. Chase, Sydney, and I walked into the meeting room where Diddy told me to go and began to wait. Soon enough, Diddy and three big buff body guards walked in. We all stood up to greet them.

"Hello. It's nice to see you again." He said while shaking my hand.

"Hi, you too. This is my business and personal  manager, Sydney Barrett and my body guard Chase Reed."

Diddy walked over and gave them all hand shakes as well. Syd and I took a seat while Chase stood with the body guards. One body guard came over with a suitcase, which I didn't even realize he was carrying until now. Diddy opened the suitcase and pulled out some papers.

"Now I think you have an amazing voice," he began, "and I would love to sign you to Bad Boy records. Now what you will need is a studio, a producer, maybe a song writer if you need. I am here to start you off with your career. Working with me is a guarantee that you will blow up."

He was so confident. I was all ears.

"Now I will help you get a producer, a publicist, a talent agent, and all that jazz. You have to give me one thing...Dedication. I know you have the voice and the moves but I need to know that you're a hard worker and that you don't give up easy. Can you prove that to me?"

"I certainly think I can. I don't give up on dreams." I said.

"Good. Now here is the contract. It is about 6 pages long. Take an hour or two to read that with your manager and bring it back to me. I'm sorry about the rush. It's just I will be heading back to New York tonight but feel free to use the hotel to your benefits while you read the contract."

Diddy began to stand up and so did I. 

"Thank you so much. I'll get this back to you as soon as possible." 

I shook Diddy's hand and so did Syd and Chase. After Diddy left, we all sat on a patio at the hotel reviewing the contract.

***

I am officially signed to bad boys records!! I can't wait to start recording. Diddy has all my contact information and Syd's as well. He said he'll be in contact in a couple of days.

"We should go somewhere to celebrate." Syd suggested.

"How about The Lounge? That sound good?"

I looked at Chase and Syd who both nodded their heads. The Lounge was a nightclub/ hangout down town. 

"Can we stop at my house along the way so I can change? You know I'd destroy this white shirt by the end of the night!" Syd said laughing.

"Of course but I need to pick up Marshall. I'm pretty sure he'd want to come. You can probably get another shirt at my house."

Syd agreed and we went back to my house. I walked in quietly with Syd and Chase behind me and saw Marshall sitting on the couch watching TV and drinking red bull. I snuck up behind him, leaned down, and wrapped my arms around him giving him a kiss on the cheek. 

He smiled and greeted us.

"Hey baby, how'd it go?"

"You're looking at the newest member of Bad Boy Records!!!"

"Congratulations!" He gave me a kiss and Syd and Chase "awww'd" like the children that they are.

"We're planning on going to The Lounge to celebrate. You down?"

"Yeah just give me like 10 minutes to get dressed."

I nodded and followed him upstairs to find Syd a new shirt. I picked out this black thin strapped crop top and she went to go change. Chase and I sat on the couch and then my phone began to ring. I opened my purse and saw a number I didn't know.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Summer? It's Jhene!"

"Oh my god, hi!"

"Hey! Me and a couple friends just came to the D and I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?"

"I would love to! Me, Em, and a couple friends were just about to go to this club called 'The Lounge' to celebrate me getting signed to Bad Boy today. You guys are welcome to come." 

I heard a couple deep voices in the background and then some shuffling noises, "Wow! Congratulations! We'll meet you there in about 20 minutes! Is that good?"

"Perfect! See you there!"

"You too!"

_______________________________________________________________________________