CHAPTER FIVE

These two days flew by fast. My birthday was here and I couldn't wait because I get to see Colson and Rook. Marshall and Colson are good friends but we have yet to meet Rook. He's usually busy Colson said. Best of all though, I get to spend it with Marshall.

He's starting to grow on me and I guess you can say I have a little crush on him.

I had just gotten up and went into the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I walked back out there was a knock on the door.

"SUMMER!!! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!"

Marshall's cute voice rung out from behind the door. I opened it quickly and saw him standing with a goofy smile and his hands in his pocket.

"Good Morning and Happy Birthday!" He said as he stepped into the room wearing a tank top and some sweatpants. He must have went jogging and took a shower afterwards because he smelled good and fresh.

"Thank you! Why are you up so early? And what has you so happy and jolly this morning?"

"I went jogging and nothing at all...its just you're having a party and there will be...cupcakes!"

Marshall and Colson insisted of throwing me a party and eventually talked me into it. I'm guessing Marshall ordered cupcakes.

"You're excited about the cupcakes, Marshall? And not my birthday? I totally see where I stand!" 

I threw myself into the pillow and pretended to cry. Soon I felt the bed sink down and Marshall's hand on my back rubbing it.

"Aw come on, Summer. You know I was kidding!"

"Yeah, I know!" I said jumping up and smiling at him. 

He shook his head at me and laid down on my bed . I lay down next to him and picked up my phone.

"Dude...Did you know it's only 8:05?"

"Why yes I did, my dear Summer? Is it it too early for you, baby?" 

He said the last part like a little kid and poked his bottom lip out. It was so adorable. And when he called me baby...gosh, it drove me crazy. I had to play it cool though.

*Marshall's POV*

I can't believe I just called her baby. I mean the shit just slipped out, honestly. I have to admit though, I wish I could call her baby on a daily basis.

I like Summer, more than a friend but, I'm pretty sure she doesn't like me back. Plus I'm not even sure if I want to let someone in that much considering my baggage. She's still young and has her whole life ahead of her and I don't want to ruin that.

She can be someone, you know? She has an incredible voice and can find anyone better than me who will treat her right. Not saying that I wouldn't because I'd give her every star in the sky if I could.

Look at me being all sappy and shit. This girl is fucking with my emotions but I can't help but let her.

"Hell yeah!" She said turning around to face me.

Straight out of bed and she still looks like a model. 

"Well I'm tired as shit. I'm not moving." I said.

"Fine then, I'm going to sleep. You can stay there if you want."

"Fine."

"Fine."

She turned her back on me and I let out a little laugh before I took out my phone to check my emails and shit. Five minutes passed and I heard Summer let out a small snore indicating that she was asleep. My phone started to ring and I answered it fast so it wouldn't wake her up. I looked over to make sure she was still asleep and talked into the phone.

"Yo! What's up?" I said in a soft whisper.

"I'll be heading over soon to start setting up for the party. I had some of my people cook up some food for the party so we wouldn't haven't to deal with that shit."

"Good man. Good. Did you get cupcakes?"

"Yes, I got your fucking cupcakes. Fucking maniac."

"Hey man, shut the fuck up. I'll still kick your ass."

"Sure...," He said sarcastically, "By the way, why are you whispering?"

"I'm laying in Summer's bed and she's asleep right now."

"Oooh, Something happened between you guys?"

"What? No!"

"So you didn't tell her how you feel?"

"What do you mean 'how I feel'" I asked confused.

"It's so fucking obvious you like her. I mean I've known your ass for about two days and can tell you got feelings for her."

"I do not. Shut the fuck up."

"Yo man, just admit it. I know you do and I can tell she likes you."

"Really?!" I asked jumping up. 

"See look at that! You just got all excited and shit just because I said she might like you."

"Fine. You're right. I like her man." 

I sighed and rubbed my hands through my hair.

"I fucking knew it. Why don't you tell her?"

"I don't know if I'm ready or not...I got one hell of a past and she's young. I have three kids and I've been married twice. I want her to experience those things."

"She can...with you. Again I've known ya'll for two days but I've hung out at your house non-stop since I found out she was my sister and when you're around each other...you guys are perfect. I know she likes you man. I feel it. Just...just tell her how you feel."

"I'll think about it." 

"A'ight. I gotta go. I'll be there in a little while bro."

"A'ight. See ya." 

I laid down and placed the phone on the night stand next to me. I closed my eyes and started thinking about Summer and if I should tell her or not. Unexpectedly, I drifted to sleep.

*Summer's POV*

He liked me. Marshall. Liked. Me.

He thought I was asleep when he was on the phone with Colson. I was until I heard his phone ring. I honestly can't believe he likes me. He won't tell me because of how young I am and all the baggage he has. 

1). Age ain't nothing but a number as Aaliyah would say.

2). All those experiences can still happen even if it's not with him. If it doesn't work out it's not meant to be but it was worth a shot. 

3). I don't give a fuck about his baggage as long as he is focused on moving on.

My reasons prove his reasons wrong. Therefore, he has no reason not to tell me but I'll let him do it when he feels the time is right. I'm not going to let him know that I heard his phone conversation with Colson. 

I turn over and notice that Marshall fell asleep. He looked so cute and irresistible. I scooted towards him and laid down close to him. I was about to drift of back to sleep when I felt Marshall roll over a little and place his arm around my waist and pull me against him. I smiled a little and slowly fell back to sleep...