CHAPTER FOUR

It's been two weeks since I started living with Marshall. I have two jobs. I work at Starbucks and an ice cream parlor. I've been saving most of my money so I can get my own place but in the mean time I'm at Marshall's. Of course the paparazzi was bound to found out about me staying here but it died down a couple days ago. I met most of Marshall's friends and we all get along well.

Marshall also asked me to help him with some songs. I've never been so excited in my life. Maybe I can finally have a shot at a singing career.

I was just getting off from work and waiting outside for Marshall to pick me up. He pulled up and I hopped inside quickly before anyone recognized.

"So...Someone's birthday is in two days!" He said smiling at me briefly and then turning his eyes back to the road.

"Yeah," I said with a small laugh, "The anticipation is driving me insane!" I said sarcastically.

"Why aren't you happy about it?" He asked as we drove up his drive way.

"I'm happy about it. It's just not that big of a deal."

I got out the car quickly and unlocked the door with the set of keys Marshall gave me. I raced upstairs before Marshall could ask any questions.

I sat on my bed and took my boots off. Marshall walked in and leaned against the door frame.

"What's up?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you all down in the dumps, ya Debby downer?" He said making me chuckle.

"No reason."

"You're lying. You know you can tell me anything."

He came and sat down on the bed next to me.

"Its just... I've never really had fun on my birthday. I never actually spent it with someone. Dylan was always at the bar or at work and Audrey was always busy."

"Hey, you have me! You also have Nate, Whit, Hailie, and Alaina," he said pulling me to him with one arm, "You have all of the D12 and Dre and Nicole and 50."

"Yeah, you're right," I said smiling, "I have the best fucked up family a person could have and I wouldn't trade it for anything."

I placed my head on his shoulder and we sat there for a minute or two like that.

"Well you can stay if you want but I am changing my clothes."I said laughing and getting up.

"That is such a nice way to kick someone out," We laughed and he started walking out, "I'll be in the studio if you need me!" He yelled back.

I took out some black legging and a black tank top to put on and I went downstairs. I grabbed my new cell phone that Marshall bought me as an early birthday gift and sat on the couch watching TV. I got up to get a bottle of water when I heard my phone ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey it's Chase."

Chase was the security guard at the gate who let people in and out.

"Hey Chase! How could I help you?"

"You have a visitor. Says his name is... Colson."

"I don't know a Colson but send him up."

I waited until I heard the knock on the door and went to open it. Who I saw...made me want to faint. I screamed and jumped up and down.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!! YOU'RE MGK! YOU'RE MG FUCKING K!!! MACHINE GUN CRIMINAL RAPPING FUCKING KELLY!! OH MY GOD I'M GOING TO FAINT!!"