Chapter 3 - Betrayal

Lucas' POV

"Hey, Dan! I'll be there in about five! I JUST got my car from the bar."

"Hey, what for?" Dan asked from the other end of the phone. 

"Just to hang out." I smiled. I knew full well what my plan really was. 

"Okay, see you then." We said bye and hung up the phone.

I got dressed, putting on things I knew Phil would love. A plaid shirt and some skinny jeans. He seemed to wear those a lot, so he must like them. My only problem was how to get Phil alone with me...

I got in my car about 3 minutes later and drove to Dan's house a couple blocks up. When I got to their front door and knocked on it and it opened quickly. I saw Dan staring at me smiling. "Hey how's it going?" I smiled back.

"Pretty good. Phil's better."

"That's good." I was still smiling, but now because I figured out a way to get rid of Dan. "Wanna go somewhere?"

"Like where?" He asked.

"Park?"

"Sure." Dan walked to the coat rack to get his coat. "I'll just go tell Phil that we're leaving."

While he was gone, I got to thinking; When we get there, I'll pretend to have dropped my keys in their hallway and go back alone to look for it. That way Phil's in the house and he'll let me in to look for them and bam... We're alone together... I'm such a genius!

When we got to the park, my plan kicked in.

I hit my pockets as to check for something and said, "crap! I think I dropped my keys back at your house!"

"Wanna go back to look for them?" Dan asked, sounding concerned.

"You can stay here." I smiled. "I'll only take a couple minutes."

"You sure?" Dan asked.

"Yeah, thanks though." I kissed him on the cheek and started running back towards the house to Phil.

I got back to the house and knocked on the door. I heard Phil's bedroom door open and his feet hitting the floors as he came to the front door. "Hey Phil!" I smiled at him when he opened the door.

"Hey Lucas... Where's Dan?"

"He's at the park. I think I might have dropped my keys here somewhere. Could you help me find them?"

"Uhh--Sure..."

After a while of searching in the living room, which I wasn't even in today, I walked up to Phil. "What do you say we take a little break?"

"...What do you mean?" He looked at me in what seemed like ... disgust.

"You know..." I got closer to him and closed my eyes leaning in.

Then, instead of feeling his lips on mine, I felt his hand hit my face... Pretty hard too.

"Ow! What was that for?!" I yelled. 

"What do mean what was that for?! You just tried to KISS me!" He was yelling even louder than I was. "You have everything I've ever wanted and you're about to kiss another guy?! How could you ever do that to someone as amazing as Dan?! How dare you even think I'd ever go behind Dan's back and kiss the guy he's dating?! You're sick!" He pushed me and I fell on the ground.

"Listen." I said in an angry voice. "I thought you'd want to kiss me... I mean look at me! But since you don't, if you go and tell Dan what just happened, I'll beat the living crap out of you. Got it?" Phil didn't say anything. "Alright then... I'm going back to the park." I slammed the front door behind me.

Phil's POV

I kicked the couch in anger and sat down. How could someone do that to someone as perfect and as sweet as Dan?! I have to tell him. Even if Lucas wants to kill me afterwards, I can't let Dan be used like this.

For some reason, I started crying my eyes out. I didn't stop crying until I heard a key in the door, which must had been about an hour or so. I quickly wiped my tears and saw Dan walk in alone.

"Lucas went home." He smiled.

"Um, Dan? Can I talk to you?"

"Of course, what's wrong?" Dan quickly sat next to me.

"It's about Lucas. When he came here to look for his keys he asked me to help him and he kinda tried to... kiss me."

Dan looked hurt. To make him feel a little bit better, I tried to hug him. He scared me by pushing me backwards.

"How dare you blame Lucas for that?? I could tell you were a bit jealous, but just because I'm hanging out with him a lot does NOT mean I won't have enough time for you!"

"No, D--"

"No Phil! Lucas wouldn't do that!" He got up and left the house again. The door slammed. He didn't believe me. I'd never lie to him. I love him... I love you, Dan. Please come back.