Chapter 7 - The Coffee Shop

Phil's POV

I woke up next to him. The love of my life. How did I ever get lucky enough to have him? Dan stirred next to me and pulled me closer to him in a tight hug.

"Morning," I smiled and kissed his forehead.

"Good morning," Dan yawned. "What do you wanna do today?" His sleepy voice was the cutest.

"I don't know. I was hoping we could be really lazy." I giggled.

"That's the best answer ever," he laughed, showing his amazing dimples.

Dan put his head on my chest and cuddled into my side even more. That was the second best feeling in the world. The absolute best feeling in the world is Dan's kisses. After a while of laying together, we sat up, still as close as physics would allow. I put my forehead against his and smiled. "I love you," I told him.

"I love you, too." Dan said, smiling and bringing his lips closer to mine. We kissed for what seemed like years before we pulled away for a breath. "Wanna go get some coffee?" He asked.

"Sounds good, but that means we have to walk to the coffee shop." I whined jokingly.

"We have cars, Phil."

"Right, well it's just down the street. I could use the exercise," I gestured to my body.

"You're a stick!" He laughed, "but lets go."

I laughed, "yeah, yeah. I'll pay."  I grabbed my wallet and we left.

We got to the shop and got out usuals. We picked a booth and sat opposite of each other. I grabbed his hand from across the table. I looked past Dan's head and my eyes widened.

"Dan, we have to leave." I whispered in a rushed tone.

"Why? What's wrong?" He looked worried.

"Look behind you."

He turned his head slowly and turned back with fear in his eyes. It was Lucas. He had been sitting there with his back turned towards us. He hadn't seen us yet and I think we would both like to keep it that way. We quietly slid out of our booths and walked towards the door. As we were about to push it open we heard his voice behind us. My heart started racing. As long as we have people around, he can't hurt us. I thought to myself

"Well isn't it a surprise meeting you two here." Lucas spit out the words with a scary grin on his face.

"Leave us alone." Dan said, sounding worried.

"Aww, but how come?" His grin disappeared. "Are you two a couple now? How cute."

"We don't need trouble," I said. I was terrified. The moment I saw him, the beating he gave me came back. It hurt so much, I couldn't handle it. We needed to get out of here.

"What if I do?" He threatened.

"Lets go," Dan said to me as he grabbed my hand and gave Lucas a cold stare.

We walked quickly out of the coffee shop and we heard footsteps behind us. I turned my head and saw him. "Please leave us alone." I was holding back tears of pure terror. Dan held my hand tighter. Lucas caught up to us in seconds and pushed both of us from behind. We fell to our knees and quickly turned over to face Lucas. Our luck exactly that nobody was walking around...

"Lucas," Dan said in a weak voice.

"What?!" Lucas's voice was filled with anger. "You guys are useless! Why should anyone care what happens to you?!"

A tear slipped down my cheek.

"Now you're gonna cry! You guys are so weak and worthless!"

"Just because things didn't work out between us, and it was YOUR fault that it didn't, doesn't mean you have to do this!" Dan screamed at the top of his lungs, tears beginning to stream down his face.

"Whatever!" Lucas screamed. "You guys don't deserve to be so in love! Why can't I have that?!"

Dan stood up. "Maybe," his voice calmed down a bit, "you would be able to have that if you didn't cheat on other people and you weren't so tempered."

Lucas looked down to his feet. "Sorry I pushed you..." Then he walked away without another word.

Dan helped me up, "why would he do that?" I still sounded angry, but I felt a bit of confusion and sympathy. But Lucas was a cheater and dangerous... He didn't deserve love like ours.

"I don't know... Lets just go home."