Chapter 9 - Back Home

Phil's POV

Dan's been gone for a while now. I don't know why I felt kind of jealous. Dan was aloud to visit friends that I didn't know... Dan wouldn't do anything bad though. Right?

Wrong.

Dan's POV

What am I doing?! I quickly pulled away from Lucas causing his body to fall towards me. I put my hands on his shoulders to balance him. "What are we doing?" I asked in a panic filled voice.

"Kissing." Lucas said simply.

"No no no, I mean why? We can't do this."

"Why can't we? I've changed. I promise." Lucas looked into my eyes making me look down towards my feet. His eyes were my biggest weakness when it came to Lucas.

"I'm with Phil," I said, still staring down.

"Oh..." He said quietly. "Well, why did you come here?"

I looked up. "I wanted to see if you were okay and why you got to upset at the coffee shop. I could tell there was something different about you, but I just needed to talk to you about it."

"Well we talked. I think you should go though. Maybe me, you, and Phil could hang out sometime?" He smiled.

I smiled back, surprised to see him so content with everything. "Okay, that'd be cool."

I walked to the door and opened it.. "Bye, hopefully I'll see you soon." Lucas said.

"Hopefully," I walked out and rushed back home. I had already come to terms that I didn't want to tell Phil what happened. I know it was wrong and I knew telling Phil would just make matters worse. He would definitely not wanna see Lucas if I told him.

I got to the apartment and opened the door to see Phil playing Sonic. "Hey! I'd give you a kiss, but I'm in the zone."

I laughed and sat next to him on the couch. "Can I play too?"

"Yeah, whenever I fail, which I don't think is gonna happen because I'm the Sonic Master!"

"I'm sure you are." About a minute after saying that, Phil got crushed by the spike wall that was chasing after him.

"You did this!" He said, looking at me and pointing at the dead hedgehog on the TV.

"How did I do it?" I laughed.

"You're a wizard. You used your magic."

"Okay, whatever you say. Now give me the controller." Everyone knows I'm better at Sonic than Phil. I proved that by getting to the finish on my first try. "Ha, looks like I'm the Sonic Master!"

"Teach me your ways of Sonic, sensei."

"Patience grasshopper. Skill will come in time."

We both laughed and Phil leaned in. Our lips met and when we pulled away I asked, "what was that for?"

"I never gave you your welcome back kiss... and you're just really cute."