Chapter 4 - Missing You

Dan's POV

It's been a week. Seven whole days since I've seen Phil. Lucas has been taking good care of me. Letting me wear all of his clothes because I don't have any of my own was really nice of him. Although, he's more built up than I am, so they're huge on me.

"Hey, Dan." Lucas came in his room. "Finally up?" He smiled.

I half smiled as I leaned up in his bed. "I'm so hungry," I groaned in a sleepy voice.

Lucas let out a breathy sort of laugh and left the room. I guessed he was making some breakfast because about a minute after he left I heard the banging of pots.

Why would Phil ever say that Lucas would betray me? I thought to myself. He's too sweet.

I went into the kitchen and walked up behind Lucas and wrapped my arms around him.

"Whatcha cooking?"

"Pancakes, wanna help?"

Suddenly I felt a pain in my stomach. I started to think back to when Phil and I made pancakes. That was so much fun. Thinking about Phil really hurt me since I left him at the apartment.

"I'll pass... Do you think I should go back to Phil? I don't think I should have left him like that."

"Why did you leave him in the first place?" Lucas asked without turning away from the stove top.

"Well, he kinda told me that you well uh-- tried to kiss him..." I don't know why I felt nervous saying that. Maybe I thought there was a chance of him actually doing it? No, he'd never.

"Oh he did?" Lucas let out a little chuckle. "I didn't do that." He said reassuringly. "I would never do that to you." He smiled.

I let out a breath of relief. I knew it.

"Well, can you finish these pancakes? I just realized there are some things I gotta pick up at the store."

"Oh, sure. When will you be home?" I asked. 

"In about half an hour." 

"Alright," I smiled as he left the kitchen and headed out the front door.

Lucas' POV

I'll kill him... I'll kill him. 

Those words repeated in my head until I got to Phil and Dan's apartment.

Phil's POV

I heard a vicious knock on the door. I jumped and my heart was racing. Who's that? It surly couldn't be Dan.

I looked out the peep hole. LUCAS! Oh shit... He figured out I told Dan what he did... I'm going to die. I just won't open the door. Would he be this mad if Dan believed that he didn't try to kiss me? Maybe... What if Dan did believe Lucas? I'll be killed while Dan is still mad at me.

"LET ME IN!" Lucas roared from outside. "I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE!"

Should I talk to him? He sounds really mad...

"Uh-- Lucas? Please don't hurt me." I said just loud enough for him to hear.

"Let me in now!"  He said a bit quieter than before.

Maybe he'll just talk to me.

I slowly and quietly unlocked the door but once it was unlocked the door slammed into my body by the force of Lucas' body.

"No, please! Lucas, I'm sorry I told him. He needed to know!"

Before I could say anymore, Lucas kicked me in the shin. I grabbed it in pain. He got on the ground next to me and punched me hard across my face. I could feel the blood gushing from my nose. As Lucas repeatedly punched me, I tried to talk to him. "What's wrong with you?! Where's Dan?!" All of my questions went unanswered. Suddenly, Lucas stopped, checked his phone, and said, "I have to go. You're lucky I told Dan I'd be home in a half an hour." As he got up, before leaving, he kicked my in the side. I heard a crack and I knew he had just broken at least one rib. Or at least that's what it felt like. The door slammed as Lucas left. I couldn't move and each time I tried it hurt more and more. A single tear slid down my cheek as I lay there in pure pain. Not just physical pain, but emotional pain too. I now knew that I'd probably rarely see Dan ever again.

Dan's POV

I saw Lucas come in the kitchen. "Where are the things you needed to pick up?"

I could tell he hesitated. "Oh, uh-- the store didn't have them."

"They didn't have anything you needed? That's weird."

Lucas just nodded.

"Well, I've been thinking while you were gone and I've decided I'm going to tell Phil that I'm sorry. I miss him and I kinda wanna go live there again."

"What's wrong with here?" Lucas sounded kind of in panic.

"Nothing, nothing! I just have all my stuff there and, like I said, I really miss Phil."

"Can't it wait a bit?" He sounded more and more worried as the conversation grew.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine..."

"Well, I'm gonna go today." I said without question.

"Geez, Dan!" He was yelling in anger now. "Why do you seem to like Phil way more than you like me?! I'm your BOYFRIEND!"

"First off, you have NO right to talk to me like that! Second, Phil it my best friend! And I can't believe I was stupid enough to leave him and stay with YOU!" I yelled in offense.

"Whatever! And you wanna know what? We're through! And guess what?! What Phil said was right! I did try to kiss him! You wanna know why? Because I thought he was hot! That's the ONLY reason I went out with you in the first place! I never loved you! I only wanted you for the action. I think I'll just go find someone else now... GET OUT!"

"GLAD TO!" I screamed and slammed the door on my way out.

My mind was exploding with thoughts. Phil was telling the truth. Lucas was the worst thing that ever happened to me. And I thought he LOVED me.

My eyes began to fill with tears. It didn't take long for me to start sprinting down the sidewalks to the apartment. I got to the steps and dashed up them and through the door when I unlocked it. I swung it open and hit something. "OW!" I heard in Phil's voice.

"Phil! What the hell happened?!"

"Lucas... He... did it..." Phil gasped for air after each one or two words.

"Lucas did this to you?! I have to get you to the hospital!" I got out my phone and dialed 999.

Phil's POV

I heard Dan talking to the people on the phone.

"Please help me! My friend is hurt!" 

He gave them our address and when he was done, he hung up.

"When did he do this to you?" Dan asked, almost in a yell.

"About... an hour... ago." I strained to talk. The pain was unbearable now.

"They're here!" Dan rushed and carefully opened the door, not hitting Phil. "He's behind the door! Please hurry!"

"Okay, sir. Thank you." They said in a nice and calm voice.

They got me in the emergency vehicle and I heard Dan ask the man, "can I come to the hospital with him? Please, he's my best friend."

"I'm really not supposed to... But hop in."

"Thank you so much."

We got to the hospital and I was rushed to a room. Dan explained to the doctor what had happened and the doctor checked my body for any bad bruises or broken bones.

"We'll have to take an X-Ray." The doctor said.

After the X-Ray, the doctor said, "you don't have any broken bones but two of your ribs are fractured. You will not need surgery, but I recommend you stay in the hospital tonight and we'll treat your bruises and put some ice on your ribs to help them heal. It's best for you not to move too much. When you leave you won't be able to do too much for 2-3 weeks."

When the doctor was done explaining, I agreed to stay at the hospital. Dan had to go home though.

"I'm sorry," Dan said in a quiet voice before leaving the room.

"Don't be, we can talk about it when I get home tomorrow." I smiled.

He came to my bed side and gave me a light hug before leaving the room.

Dan is finally back. Hopefully tomorrow comes quick. I smiled as I drifted off to sleep.