Chapter 8 - Confusion

Dan's POV 

Stop it... You love Phil. Phil is your BOYFRIEND! You can't do this. Just stop! 

My brain practically yelled at me while I could hear Phil's soft breathing beside me as he slept. Ever since we went to the coffee shop and saw Lucas there I couldn't help but feel bad for him. As I thought about him I thought about all the amazing moments we had together. There were a lot although we weren't together for too long. I haven't been able to stop thinking about him. His amazing eyes and how attractive he is... His heart-melting hugs and kisses... 

NO! You're doing it again, Dan! He HURT Phil! How could I be thinking about Lucas like this when he could have killed Phil? I need to get some sleep...

___The next morning___

"Good morning beautiful!" I heard Phil practically sing as he opened the curtains. "Sleep well?"

"Ehh..." I grunted. I barely got ANY sleep. 

"What do you mean 'ehh'?" Phil asked, sitting beside me.

"I didn't get too much sleep last night. I'll be fine though." I put a smile on my face and asked, "sooooo what's for breakfast?"

"I ain't your servant! Go in that kitchen and get your food yourself!" He used his sassy girl voice that never fails to make me laugh no matter what mood I'm in.

"Fine!" I jokingly say back and get up to walk to the kitchen. I get a bowl of cereal and sit down in the living room. Phil follows me and sits next to me, cuddling into my side. Usually I'd cuddle back, but now it felt so weird. I was still thinking of Lucas. Why is it so hard to just not think of him???

"Hey, what's wrong?" Phil asked, looking at me as I stared into oblivion. 

"Oh-- uhh yeah. Everything's fine." I faked another smile which must have fooled him because he smiled back and continued to cuddle with me. So he wouldn't get any more suspicious, when I finished my cereal, I cuddled with Phil too. I liked cuddling with him, but I felt so guilty. I thought about another boy while my boyfriend was being the sweetest guy ever. 

You shouldn't even miss Lucas. My mind scolded me. 

What if I just go see him? Make sure he's alright and ask him why he acted like that at the coffee shop? 

But I might do something I regret.

I could control myself though. 

Can you though? 

I think so... I'm gonna do it. 

What will you tell Phil? 

Store? No he'll want to go with me. Park? He'll be up for that too. The truth? Hell no. 

Then what?

I don't know!

As the fight against myself ended, I turned to Phil. "Hey, I'm gonna go visit a friend. Do you mind being alone in the house for a few hours?"

"I don't mind. Who are you going to see?" 

"I don't think you know them. He's an old friend from school and just moved here."

"Oh, okay. Well I'll be fine here." Phil smiled. Did he buy it? I think it was pretty believable. 

Ha, I knew I'd figure something out.

Whatever... Good luck with Lucas then...

Am I crazy for talking to myself like this?

____ Lucas's house ____

I knocked on his door, my heart racing. The door slowly opened about a minute later. I saw Lucas's tear stained face staring at me. 

"A-Are you okay?" 

"Dan? What are you doing here? Where's Phil?" He spat out the last word like horrible food. 

"He's at home. I came here to ask you something. Can I come in?" 

"Whatever, why not?" He opened the door the rest of the way and allowed me to slip through. 

"So," I began as we sat on the couch, "what happened at the coffee shop?"

"You know what happened... you were there." He coldly responded. 

"I mean why did you do that? You could have just ignored us." 

"I wanted to! I really wanted to ignore you, but I couldn't." 

"Oh... well um I also wanted to say that ever since then I couldn't stop thinking about you... about us." 

"What are you saying? Do you wanna get back together? I know I treated you and Phil horribly. I promise, if we get back together, that will never happen again. I'll love you like you deserve to be loved. I miss you so much, Dan." More tears started falling down Lucas's face. 

Before thinking, I did something that I shouldn't have... I knew you'd do something you'd regret. I ignored the voice this time. All I could focus on were Lucas's lips pressed softly against mine. 

____________________________________________________________

A/N: oohhh! I wanted to make this a fluffy fanfic, but it's turned into a drama filled storm. Sorry! XD Hope you enjoyed! Tell me what you think! Free pandas are going out to the lovely people who post a comment, vote, and share this with their friends! <3