Chapter Seven

Why are some animals with wings unable to fly like what a dick move.

Welp, Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER SEVEN

HARRY’S POV

When we arrive home from the restaurant, the rest of the boys leave whilst Louis and I are left with the flat to ourselves.

I can’t tell what is going through his mind, but I know he is thinking hard about something. I thought today was perfect until he had to go and make it awkward. I think I experienced possibly the best make out session of my life, and I know he was enjoying it just as much as I was up until the boys showed up.

Is that it? Is he upset because the lads ruined our sexy mojo? But that wouldn’t make things weird between him and I, would it?

Maybe he regrets going out with me. I did pretty much ruin our first date. Maybe he doesn’t want to be my boyfriend. What if the feelings aren’t as mutual as I thought?

All these questions are running through my mind, so it’s a while before I notice Louis staring at me about a foot away.

“Harry,” he begins, sounding upset.

“What is it, Boobear? What’s wrong?” He steps closer and pulls me in for a hug, burrowing his head into my chest. I try to comfort him by rubbing his back.

“I just don’t know what to do,” he says in a heartbreakingly confused voice. “At first, this whole ‘being boyfriends’ thing sounded perfect, but now I’m not so sure.”

My hand freezes and I push him away slightly so that I can look into his eyes. “What do you mean?” I ask, concerned.

“How could we possibly keep this a secret? Should we keep this a secret? Should we tell management? Should we even tell the boys?” he rambles.

“Louis,” I interrupt, “It doesn’t matter. We can work that out, as long as we know how we feel about each other we will find a way. All that matters is how much I care about you.”

“I-I don’t think that is all that matters,” he whispers, his voice cracking.

I push him away entirely now and he stumbles back about a foot. “What do you mean, Louis?” I ask slowly.

“Look, Harry, we have a reputation to think about here. And it’s not just us. This would affect the rest of the boys too.”

“Oh, so your reputation is more important than me? Than us?” I demand, my voice raising dangerously. Louis retreats even more and his back hits the wall opposite me.

“I just think that this would affect the band negatively. Kids don’t mind, but homophobic parents don’t want their children listening to singers that date the same gender.”

“God, you sound like management! What the hell is wrong with you Louis, I thought you cared!” There are tears building up in my eyes and I struggle to keep them back.

“I do care, Harry, I’m just trying to think about the bigger picture. How will people react if we say we are together?”

“Then let’s not say that we’re together, let’s keep it a secret,” l burst angrily.

“Do you really want that?” he asks sullenly. He knows me too well. In truth, I would like to come out. But if he is that concerned about our stupid relationship and our stupid reputation…than fine.

“No, but I don’t see what else we can do.”

“Harry, I’m just not sure we’ll be able to keep it a secret. Management has already talked to us about being too touchy-feely. If we’re dating, it will be even harder to refrain ourselves.”

The tears in my eyes pool over and slip down my face. “It sounds like you’re breaking up with me.”

He leaves his place on the wall and rushes over to me, cupping my face in both of his hands. “No!” he exclaims. “I’m just worried, that’s all. I want this to work out, I really do.”

“I don’t want to lose you, Louis,” I say, gently pushing Louis away and wiping my eyes. “We could keep it a secret if you really want to.”

 “I don’t know if we can,” he shakes his head and speaks under his breath. We look at each other for a minute before he takes a step towards me again and wraps me in a tight hug.

“It’ll all be ok, Lou. We’ll be ok.” He doesn’t respond.

He delicately pulls away from me and says, “I’m a little tired, I think I’ll take a nap.” I know that he is not tired and that he only wants to get away from me, which really hurts.

“Alright,” I mumble, and watch him disappear into our shared bedroom.

Suddenly I realize that this was our first ever fight as a couple.

If our relationship goes on like this, then Louis won’t ever have to worry about management or the public judging us because there will be no relationship to judge.

LOUIS’ POV

I go into our bedroom and shut the door, collapsing face down on the bed. Why did I just do that? I could have just said nothing and we’d have gone back to gettin’ freaky in the kitchen. But nooooooo, I had to voice my opinion and make both myself and Harry reconsider our relationship.

I wish I had the courage to go out and tell him I’m sorry for proving to be a shitty boyfriend after literally one day of being together. Why do I have to worry about this so much? It’s just that I don’t think either of us have the self-control to keep the fact that we’re madly in love a secret. And let’s face it, Harry can’t act to save his life.

But Harry is right about one thing for sure: It is better to have a secret relationship with someone you love rather than no relationship at all.