Chapter Eighteen

Happy Reading!

8===D8===D8===D8===D8===D

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

HARRY’S POV

“Would you like to explain this to me?” the head of management spits intimidatingly and slaps a stack of paper on the desk, the top piece depicting Louis and I at the club only last night.

We look down at our laps and do not say a word. This only infuriates the man before us.

“What did I say?” he says in an enraged whisper. “What did I warn you about?”

Louis looks up from his lap to meet the man’s eyes. “To not reveal our relationship to the public,” he says in a steady voice, though his hands are shaking.

 “And what did you do?” he whispers, still furious.

“Look,” I say, too much of a coward to take my eyes away from my lap, “It was a mistake.”

I can feel his eyes bore into me. “A mistake,” he gives a humorless laugh, “celebrities do not have room to make mistakes.”

Louis and I do not respond.

“Get out, Mr. Styles, I need to talk to your boyfriend alone,” he sneers. Louis and I look at each other, and I notice the fear in his eyes. I take his hand for a comforting second before I stand and am out the door.

After nearly twenty minutes, they finally emerge. Louis’ face is pale and he walks slowly to meet me.

“What’s wrong? What happened?” I question. He shakes his head and wraps his arms tightly around me, concealing his face in my chest. Realizing I may not get a response, I turn my body slightly so that I can lead him out the door and into our car.

The whole car ride his head is leaned against the window and he looks like he wants to cry.

When we arrive safely inside the flat, I grill him for answers. “C’mon, Boo, what did he say? Did he tell you to do something? Why won’t you talk to me?” I grow rather impatient.

He sighs deeply, and his breathing rattles. “He….” Louis begins. “He told me I can’t tell you, or any of the boys, and that you will find out yourselves. He said if I told you it would be breaking our contract,” he helplessly whimpers. He walks into the kitchen and sits down on a barstool, placing his head in his hands.

I sit beside him and gently rub his back in a circular motion. “You can tell me, Louis, they don’t have to know.”

He looks at me from between his fingers and then appears to make a decision. He reaches his hand inside his pocket and pulls out a small, blackish-blue velvety box. I am stunned. When did he get that? He delicately opens the box for me to see. Perched in the box is a small engagement ring, gilded with a diamond in the center. This confuses me beyond belief. Why does he have an engagement ring?

“It’s not for you,” he says dryly.

I look up at him, noticing how he glares at the jewel. “Who is it for?”

“I have to give it to Eleanor. I’m supposed to propose to her on television tomorrow. We’re going to do a performance and then I’m going to call her on stage and propose.”

I furrow my eyebrows in concentration, “Management can’t make you get married, can they?”

“Not sure. But they can definitely make me get engaged. I just hope that we’re allowed to break it off eventually.” He looks exhausted and I feel horrible for him. He has to do so much just to cover up our relationship, whereas I simply have to flirt with girls once in a while.

“I’m so sorry, Boo,” I say, enclosing him in a bear hug. “One day this will all be over.”

“Just don’t tell the lads, ok? And look surprised when I propose. They can’t know I told you.”

“I will,” I ensure. We stay in the hug for a long time before either of us is ready to think about the day ahead of us, and the drama that is sure to go down when ‘Louis Tomlinson of One Direction Gets Engaged!’

I can see the headlines now.