Destined for Darkness

Part 1

I woke, groggy from last night. We had went to a party and I had ever so dumbly gotten drunk. I looked over and next to me layed a very attractive guy next to me. He looked to be about twenty -one or twenty- two. Only two or three years older than me.

I covered my hands over my face. "What have you done now Jessica ?..." The man next to me stirred. I waited until he was quiet once more and I got out of bed, put clothes on, and left. But, there was a box of doughnuts on the counter so I took two of those...(hehe)

Once I got home to my rinky dink little apartment, I closed all of my windows and locked my door, drew all the shades so no light came in. I had a terrible headach and my jaw was throbbing. I ate my doughnut in utter silence. Chicago was a small town. But it was packed together oh so close. It was nighttime.

I finished my two. Doughnuts. I layed down and took four ibuprofen and two Advil. My head was throbbing. So were my neck and teeth but I don't know why. Probably from being drunk...eh.

Me getting drunk isn't exactly the best of choices. My mom died two years ago and her partner who is a detective takes care of me. He thinks I'm to young. Even though I'm nineteen. Ugh.

Just then there was a pounding on my door. "Jessica, open up! I need to talk to you! Open the door!"

I got up off the couch and threw the ice pack on the living room table. Upon answering the door, I got a surprised look from detective Z. His real name was Zeke but it felt weird calling him that.

"Holy shit, Jessica."

" What??" I asked incredulously. He was staring at my face like it was some rare thing you see in a zoo.

"Your eyes. They've gotten a lighter blue... Or darker.. I can't tell! What the..... They have silver in them.."

I looked down and realized that I was only wearing underwear and an oversized light pink Victoria's Secret shirt. My long brown hair was down, touching the curves that lead to my hips. I ran away to go put on some pants. I've done this plenty times before. Opening the door and not having pants on.

I got into my room and shut the door. I glanced in the mirror. My hair had gotten blonde and dark brown high lights. I might have done that when I was drunk last night... I have no clue. But, I like it. And Zeke was right. My eyes had changed.

I put shorts on and come out of my room. Zeke was tall, lean and very muscular. He had sandy brown hair and bright green, knowing eyes. His eyes were brighter then I thought could be humanly possible. He was such a wonder to me. I couldn't help but notice as he made himself a pot of coffee.

He was also only 24. He kept his distance but I could tell he looked at me in a certain adoring way every once in a while.

"So what's up? Why do you need to talk to me?" I questioned as I rubbed my temple I'm annoyance at the headache that won't go away.

"You were out last night. Drunk."

"Yeah so?" I countered. "Your not my dad."

"I know that," he said with a hint of sympathy in his voice. " I wouldn't have walked out on you. Father or not." As he said this, he stepped closer and took my hands in his. He hazed into my eyes, sounds corny and cheesy, I know but that's what happened.

"So what is it you need to talk to me about?"

I say, breaking the tension.

"We need to talk," as he said this he looked closer at my eyes. I took a step back, and made my way into the living room and sat on the couch. I gestured to the chair across from me.