Prologue

I was someone you'd never notice except for my gift. A lot of people, but not everyone, has the gift of magic. I was one of those many people. Then one day, I got an invite to help the world by destroying a source of evil. The Darkened, former human beings that got so obsessed with magic they let darkness control them and give them the ability to drain life to get stronger. There leader was even worse. A conscious human being gone insane. John, he was my brother. Two years ago I thought I finished it. I had killed my own brother in an attempt to stop the Darkened. I should've known my brother was really possessed by a being of darkness. His moral compass was too strong to be the leader of the Darkened of all things. He just didn't have a strong will. A few days later, I met Alex Evans.
     Alex said he had an organization that would strengthen my light magic abilities. I agreed to it. I didn't care what the cost was, even if it meant losing my Darkened abilities, almost all my magic in general, just to gain more magic and stop the darkness. On top of the Darkened growing stronger, I heard people were getting sick from an unknown plague. Plus There were reports of monsters coming out of the forest and attacking civilians. 

     My name is Zack Lore, a descendant of Herakles Lore, the Guardian of Light. I was just given the most important job in the world. I had to save it from the darkness, sort through the plague, the monsters, and the new Darkened, even stronger than the last army. I will be strong, and I will be ready! I just hope by that time it's not too late.