Chapter 14: My End

"You know...what I am...right?" I asked Sarah. "Yes, you're human, and you're a hero." Sarah said. "Not...what I mean." I said. "You...You're the Guardian of Light." Sarah said. "No, I'm a...Darkened." I said. "Sarah...I...I'm dead." I said. "Don't say that." Sarah said, I felt a tear hit my cheek, she was crying. "It...was...fun." I said. "Don't talk like, that! What about your winter vacation, what about living normally! What about...what about me?" Sarah said. Kyle walked in. "I need a medic!" He instantly called. "Sarah...Kyle...thank you...for everything." I said. "Alright, Zack, you're going to live through this, just come on!" Kyle said. "No..." I said. "Zack, please, I...I," Sarah choked. "Sarah...just...remember...my sacrifice...was for...a great cause." I said. "Fine, I'll spit it out, Zack, I love you! Please, I'll do anything to keep you here!" Sarah screamed. She was losing it.

    I finally didn't have the strength to keep my eyes open. A few minutes later I heard the medics call it. "Zack Lore, dead, 6:54 PM." I was conscious by my spirit. It was pure, only in death, was there purity. Purity was no fun. All I could do was watch. "Why, why Zack?" I heard Sarah. "Why not me? Why didn't it take me instead, Zack should deserve to live! Why of all the things did have to turn out like this!" She started screaming. Kyle put his arm around Sarah. He had his angry face on. I hope he knows this time he couldn't get revenge, so he might as well cry, then again that would be surprising. He's a military captain that has never cried in his life.

     "Kyle, would you like to have your say about Zack." The priest said. "Yes." Kyle walked up to the stand at the church. "I knew Zack since he became a military soldier, He was, truly amazing, an abnormality, he trained hard everyday, then throughout our battles he became the guardian of light, he saved the world, now you may notice that no one can use magic anymore. That's for a good cause, so greed doesn't pop up again. Sarah would you like a turn?" Kyle said. Sarah walked up to the stand as Kyle sat down. "I, only knew Zack recently, but it was fun while I was with him, I just wish I could tell him that I loved him, that I would die to bring him back to life." Sarah said, then sat down.

     I watched my body lowered into the ground, then everything faded to white. When I woke up I was in a paradise-looking area. I was in heaven, funny that and evil stereotype with me being a Darkened would end up in heaven. Not only that, but I was praised, I had just saved the world, and that's the last thing I did in my life.

                                                                                                                                     THE END