Chapter 7: My arrest

I woke up to Sarah kicking me. "Zack, aren't we going to team up the rebels today?" She asked. "God, you are just like Ash sometimes I swear." I said, getting up. I had already explained to her who Ash was. "So how are we gonna get to them if we have no clue where they are?" She asked. "Well, we're going to have to call them." I said as I took a granola bar out of a backpack I brought along with us. We headed into the city.

"So what's your plan?" Sarah asked. "Get their attention by attacking the Darkened. It's kind of rash, but it's the best I came up with." I explained. We walked out into one of the main streets. Two Darkened patrolling the area came around the corner and spotted us. Sarah drew her pistol and I summoned my sword. "Is that the guardian?" One of the Darkened said. The other picked up his radio. "We need backup right now, the guardian is in our sights!" I repeat, the guardi-"Sarah silenced him.

I ran up and stabbed the other Darkened. Three more Darkened with a Darkened monster came around the corner. This has gotten to be routine now. Sarah shot at and distracted it. When it ran past me I stabbed it in the back. It stopped running and tried to swat me off. I used my sword to jump up higher onto it, summoned a new one and stabbed it again. I repeated this until I got onto his head. Right as I was about to stab it, it swatted me off.

I hit the ground hard. Sarah shot at it to try and slow it down, but it didn't help. I looked up to see a claw coming down on me. I closed my eyes. When I opened them someone in a suit was holding the claw up. I was shocked. "Leave our town now!" I heard another voice. The monster fell to it's left. "Grab him!" I heard one of the Darkened say. "Hey! Get back here!" I heard Sarah say as the Darkened picked me up and carried me away.

When we turned the corner I summoned my sword to stab the first Darkened. when he dropped me I landed on the ground. I jumped out of the way of the next Darkened's blade. I parried his next attack, then got behind him and stabbed him. Just when I thought it was over, I heard a gun click behind my head.

I saw Sarah turn the corner and stop. "I wouldn't take a step closer." I heard the person behind me say. The voice seemed familiar. Wasn't that- "The form of darkness, taken the form of a human I'm assuming." Sarah said, taking the words right out of my mouth. "Or are you possessing someone?" She finished. Sarah aimed her gun, it looked like it was pointing at me, though I knew she was pointing at the darkness behind me. The gun behind my head clicked again. "Any advance against me will result in Zack's death, got it!" It said. "Sarah! Run-" I felt the cold darkness hand behind the cloth he muffled me with. I started to black out. "Don't try anything...rival" the form whispered into my ear. His breath was cold. That's the last thing I remembered before blacking out.