Chapter 8: Captured

I woke up not knowing where I was. I surveyed the area. Metal walls, square room. Was I in prison? The Darkened captured me, but this isn't my town prison, I've been there before. So where was I? I tried to get up, then I realized my hands were shackled. I wanted to find out where I was. I focused and tried to use that spirit thing that allowed me to travel outside of my body. I thought it was because it didn't come into contact with the physical world is why I'm able to travel through objects as a spirit. I walked through what seemed to be a door, not opening it of course.

I saw a whole bunch of guards outside. I looked up to see about 13 floors, then looked down to see about 13 floors. Including my floor that's 27 floors. Getting out of here is going to be a problem. I saw the Darkened leader walking towards my cell. I jumped back into my body to make sure he wouldn't do anything weird while he thought I was unconscious.

"Well, Well, if it isn't the guardian of light, captured. You're pathetic." The darkness said, possessing a guard. "What do you want, you bucket of sludge?" I insulted. "I have a name, Sy-" "Syracuse, I've read the history books, cut to the point." I cut him off, I felt like hurting him in anyway, right now that would be to insult him since I couldn't do anything physically. "Zack, quit pretending." Syracuse said. "Shut up." I said. "Zack, you're not a soldier, admit it." He said. "I said shut up!" I yelled. I was losing my cool. "Forget it, if you don't want to play good guy vs. bad guy then fine. Guards, take him to the table!" Syracuse said.

The guards led me to a table and strapped me onto it, hands and feet. I looked at the darkness. "Let me fight you in a fair battle and we'll see who's pathetic!" I yelled. "Zack, look up." He said calmly. I looked up to see a sawblade above me. It started up and started slowly dropping. "I can stop it, but only under one condition." He said. "What?" I said quickly. "Tell me where to find the Light guards base." Syracuse said. I was never told the specific place. Come on, Zack, think.

There was silence except for the sawblade, which was worrying me as it got closer. "They have multiple bases, all of which they're in constant contact with! They have thousands all over the world! The second you attacked one the others would retaliate." I lied. It was perfect except for my voice. Syracuse could tell I was lying. "Okay, now tell me the truth!" He demanded. "I don't know!" I yelled, giving up. "I guess you can just die there then, not a soldier, just pathetic. What a despicable state to be in." Syracuse said, leaving.

I was filled with despair. I stopped struggling against the shackles and let the sawblade come down. I had lost, no, I had lost from the second I started. Syracuse was right. I'm not a soldier. I'm just a fighter who threw himself away and called himself a soldier. I don't deserve to be crowned Guardian of Light. I deserve death. I closed my eyes as the sawblade was about to chop into me. Then a rocket flew over me and knocked the saw blade out of the way.

I'm alive? That was close! "Any longer and you'd be dead." The rockets person said. The voice was female, but it sounded weirdly filtered with the helmet. "Thank you!" I said. "No time to dilly-dally, we still have to get out of here." She said. "Oh, right!" I said. We both started running.

We ran down the first ten floors easily, After running down the eleventh the guards started noticing us. The rockets person had really good accuracy with a pistol. I felt like I knew her somehow. A few guards got close to us as we were running and I cut them down. The rockets person didn't question my magic, even though it's different from everyone, and I guess everything else's.

When we got to the door a fleet of guard was waiting for us outside. I looked at the rockets person. She nodded, then I nodded. I summoned my sword and got ready for a fight. I could hold my own pretty well. I mean after all I have freaking fireballs coming out of my hands. I'm surprised the rockets person was able to get through all of her battles with a pistol. What was it in her pistol that could kill the Darkened anyways. A Darkened came behind me. I grabbed it and threw it at the one in front of me, then stabbed both with one thrust of my sword. The Darkened started to retreat. I looked around and thought it was over. Then I looked up.

A giant weapon-robot thing jumped down, The rockets person and me were cornered. We had no choice but to fight. The robot swung first and hit me into the wall, glad my armor protects me from blows like that, of course at the same time it goes away. I ran off to find some place to recover. The rockets person shot a rocket at the top of the robot which seemed to be the cockpit. She shot it a few times with her pistol. The robot swung its arm at her and missed. I recovered my light magic armor. "It's show time!" I said. I thought of the coolest way to take this thing down.

I threw a sword at the robots back to get its attention. "Hey! Over here!" I yelled. The driver turned the thing around. I ran up the tower wall with that super-run ability I have. The robot tried to smash me, but failed to do so. When I was at its head height I used a fireball to jump off the wall and stab the driver. The robot fell and broke three floors of the tower, the rest of the tower started to topple over. The rockets person and I jumped out of the way.

"Woo! way to go!" I cheered. "Not one spec less than what I'd expect the guardian of light to do." The rockets person said as she took off her helmet. "It's good to see you Zack." It was Sarah. "What? how? What?" I was surprised and confused. "Follow me, I'll fill you in as we go." Sarah said, we started heading to wherever Sarah was leading me.