Chapter 3: Compound Day 0

"We're here." Kyle said, waking me up. He left without saying a word. I noticed our friendship is starting to break apart. I got up and stepped outside. Sure enough, we landed. While everyone was hopping off I decided to take the express elevator down. Just as I was about to jump, I heard an argument not too far away. I saw Sarah standing up to a group of people, with one guy telling them about how the Light Bringers planted bombs below the ship and an investigation should be carried out, that the Light Bringers should never be allowed on the ship again. I was fed up with this guy. I walked over and stood by Sarah's side.
"Quit saying the false facts!" Sarah yelled at the guy. "Look, there's one of those military idiots there!" Someone pointed at me. "I swear to god we're not here to attack the ship. I could take you down everywhere we're authorized if you want." I said. I figured showing I was right would do it. "I'll even walk in front so you can chain me up if so needed." "Enough crap soldier, where's the bomb!" The man who Sarah was arguing with said. "I have no clue what you're talking about." I shrugged. "Quit screwin' with me and tell me!" He said. "It is one ear and out the other with you isn't it? We're not here to harm anyone except the Darkened." I said.
"So you want to harm me." he said as the Darkened armor surrounded him. Everyone started running. Crap. "So you were trying to stop us? Or are you just a dumb spy?" I asked. "I'll show you who's dumb." He said, and charged at me with a sword. I summoned my sword and blocked. "Sarah hand me that flower bouquet, in the vase." I said as I blocked another attack. Sarah didn't question it and threw me the flowers. I drained them until their petals fell clean off. "So you want to fight? Fine, you're on."
He swung left, right, then two left swings. I jumped back then used a blast spell. He charged at me. I sidestepped at the last second and he past right by me. When I tried to stab him in the back he turned around quickly and blocked. One swing left, then right, then two left, and I struck after that last hit in his sequence. I blasted him with a blast spell then drained him to the point where all he could do was lay there. "Arrest this darkened!" I yelled. Some of Alex's members came up and hauled him off.
"What was that?" Sarah asked. "You just witnessed a Darkened battle. Those are the guys I'm after, they are consumed by magic and want to take over the world, that way the would have infinite life around them, since that's what magic is, they would have infinite magic. They drain life for magic. I'm still trying to figure out why magic is life." I explained. "Anyways, repeated attacks at different ranges with a low effort of defending, that guy was a newbie. See you around." I said as I started to leave. "Wait," Sarah said. "Take me with you." "O-okay, if you insist. Just remember, if you get injured it's your fault." I said. She nodded.

I have to remember I never made a promise to keep her alive. She's not important. I keep telling myself in my head. Of course that didn't work. Sooner or later she's either going to die or I'm going to end up thinking about it and cry. I already lost Jack and Ash, I don't think I could bear the weight of losing another person. Heck I'm losing Kyle right now. I didn't tell Sarah any of this, I kept a straight face on and led her down and followed the rest of the Light Bringers.