Chapter Seven: They're alive!

The wind blew through my hair as I stood leaning my hands on the balcony. I looked out at the early night sky, off in the distance black storm clouds were quickly creeping towards the castle, I smiled.

Frankenstein's Monster laid silently on the metal table, waiting it's electric shock. I thought it was such an interesting creature and the science behind how he was possible was fascinating. I had spent the last few hours going through and reading all of Doctor Frankenstein's papers, notes and books, trying to understand how he could have created such a thing.

I felt someone come up to stand to the side of me and place their hand on my back, I looked up to see Dracula smile at me then look out at the sky. Aleera and Verona followed after, coming up beside me and looking out at the world, Aleera placed her hand on my shoulder. We stayed there for a moment, awaiting happy times, when I noticed something moving down below the castle. I leaned closer to try and see better and saw Van Helsing and Anna trying to sneak towards the castle.

"We have a problem" I said sternly and pointed at the two hunters, hiding in the trees.

The smiles faded into hating looks.

"Move throughout the castle my love, " He said to Aleera, "keep them from reaching the monster"

Aleera nodded and ran down the spiral stairs then jumped down the center of them and flew rest of the way.

"Take of this my dear" He said to Verona and "threw" her out the window. She transformed and flew towards Van Helsing and Anna.

We watched Verona go until, Dracula turned to me and placed a hand on my shoulder, looking me in the eyes and saying,

"You stay here. All goes as planned"

I nodded and as he followed Aleera's path down the stairs, I turned to look at the clouds. They were now about a mile away and travelling fast, they'd be here any minute. As long as Verona, Aleera and Dracula could keep Anna and Van Helsing from getting inside the castle, things would run smooth...

I felt a sharp pain in my ribs and saw out the window that Verona had been shot in the ribs my one of Van Helsing's Holy water arrows and lay dead on. Dracula, Aleera and I would feel Verona's pain after she died because we were kind of linked together.

"Verona..." I gasped as the pain slowly faded but was replaced with emotional pain, as tears fell down my cheeks, I heard the boom of thunder.

Looking up, flashes of lightning lit up a black and grey sky of clouds, followed by heavy rain. I had to hurry and quickly ran over to a set of switches on the wall and pulled down the longest lever and a section of the roof opened up to reveal black sky. I then pulled down a second lever and Frankenstein's monster, being strapped tightly to a metal table, was raised to the hole. Now we waited...

The storm raced over the castle and with a roar of thunder, a flash of lightning struck the tower and powered thorough Frankenstein's monster and travelled down to the chambers where the cocoons of Dracula's bat creature children were hanging.

I jumped out the window and transformed, flying into the courtyard of bat creatures.

I landed in the courtyard transformed human again and came up beside Dracula who watched as the bolt of electricity and life of the monster flow to every bat baby cocoon. They slowly began to move and Dracula smiled a grinning smile, a smile of evil.

At first one by one then more and more bat creatures broke from their gooey seals and flew into the sky, with Dracula's command, his newborn children began to fly to the sky and headed towards the village.

But then they began to fall to the ground and Van Helsing's arrows pierced the ugly creatures who weren't human looking at all.

Dracula traced the arrows to Van Helsing's location and rushed over to stop him, leaving me to watch the rest of Dracula's children fly to the village.

I could hear the rustling of Van Helsing and Dracula and Van Helsing's heart beat.

Suddenly, Dracula's bat children began to explode. One by one they exploded into large goopy messes. Something had gone wrong and they began to die. I transformed and raced up the castle into the tower where Frankenstein's monster was. When I came into the room, I pulled a lever and the table lowered itself in front of me. Nothing was left of the monster but ashes and some stitches and bolts.

I breathed heavily, upset that I had failed. I ran down the tower steps to the coffin room and raced onto the balcony hall looking over the courtyard where Van Helsing and Dracula were talking.

I could hear Aleera and Anna on the roof fighting each other so I went to find them. When I found them, Anna had a stake raised over Aleera and was about to stab her when I used my vampiric speed and pulled the stake in Anna's hands and jabbed it into her own stomach, making her stab herself.

Anna breathed in pain and began to bleed. Aleera pushed Anna away from her as I towered over her. Using what little vampire strength I had, I picked up Anna by the throat and squeezed, Anna gasped in surprise that a girl of twelve years and was such a small size, could be capable of such strength. I opened my mouth, exposing my long white fangs and jabbed the tiny daggers into Anna's pulsing neck.

After sucking the life from her now limp body, I threw Anna's body over the side of the castle and it plummeted to the ground.

Aleera hugged and thanked me for saving her life and ran and jumped off the side of the castle towards the courtyard. I ran down back to the coffin and to the balcony again.

In the courtyard, I could see Aleera's pink dress flowing in the wind as she twisted and cried loudly about hearing of her children's demise and the death of Verona.

I saw Verona's white dress flow in the wind, it was stuck in a tree and tears flowed gently down my cheeks. I saved her once but I could not save her again and I had failed at bringing my brothers and sisters to life.

I looked back at Dracula and Aleera but they were not there and I heard the pounding of heavy footsteps on the stairs. I came inside the room and Dracula came raging up the steps towards me and I backed away quickly and scared.

"What did you do? What did you do to my children?" He shouted as he came at me.

"I don't know" I answered as I was being backed into the wall.

Completely enraged, Dracula came closer to me as my back touched the wall of the castle. He had raised his hand and brought it down to my cheek. He used some much force that I was thrown to the ground, my hair covering my tear covered face. I stayed on the ground in my puddle of pain and tears. I tried to breath in between my small cries.

Dracula stood panting above me. He slowly began to calm with every breath and had come to realize what he had done. A look of shame fell over his face.

I heard Aleera's light steps come up the stairs and stop in shock. She ran past Dracula and kneeled beside me. I sat up and looked at her with wet eyes and then fell into her arms. Crying into her shoulder.

I was crying because I was hit and because I had failed and for Verona's death. But I was crying mostly because I thought Dracula had come to care for me as I did for him. I treated him like a father and I thought he'd treat me like a daughter. I had almost come to love him. But anger makes people do bad things. It makes the brain stop thinking and makes you do things you really would not do.

I looked through my hair to see Dracula but he was gone. Ashamed of what he did, he fled and I didn't know if that made him weak or strong?