Chapter Seventeen: Fourteen Years Later

~ 14 Years Later ~

Tayanna sat on the balcony in the bright moonlight. She sat on a stool and painted on a large isle. She hummed as she worked.

A man come up behind her and began to massage her shoulders while she worked. She smiled and looked up to see her husband, Alexander.

"Do you like it?" Tayanna asked.

"It's beautiful." Alexander replied.

Alexander pulled a letter from his pocket and handed it to Tayanna. She set down her paintbrush and took the letter curiously.

"It's from Marcel and Catalina." He explained.

Tayanna was delighted when she opened the letter and read aloud,

"You're invited to the marriage of Catalina Van Helsing and Marcel Laurent," Tayanna smiled,"That's lovely."

"Saw that coming." Draven said from behind.

Tayanna and Alexander turned to see Draven standing in the doorway of the balcony. A little girl in his arms. She wore a grey dress and her black hair was braided, she was swooshing her finger around her mouth.

"Grandpa Fadufa !" She shouted incorrectly but happily, exposing her only teeth, two fangs on the top.

"Still can't pronounce those V's just yet." Tayanna said taking the girl in her arms, "We'll just have to wait for some more teeth."

"What a surprise dad!" Alexander said.

"Well I wasn't going to miss the little bat's 5th birthday now was I?" Draven smiled.

Tayanna brushed her finger across the girl's small pale nose and the little girl giggled sweetly.

"Mummy!" The girl smiled.

Tayanna hugged her daughter and suddenly they heard the sound of flapping wings. They looked out into the sky and saw two large winged creatures flying towards them.

"Do you know who that is?" Tayanna asked her daughter.

The girl looked scared and held her finger in her mouth as the figures got closer.

The figures came onto the balcony and transformed into their regular selves. Tayanna put down her daughter and went to hug her mother and father.

"How was the rest of Europe?" Tayanna asked.

"Beautiful!" Aleera answered.

"And full of corpses." Dracula added.

They laughed and Alexander approached his mother and father-in-law.

"Alexander, nice to see you." Dracula shook his hand.

"You as well, sir." Alexander replied.

Dracula saw the isle out of the corner of his eye and walked towards it.

"Painting something new, Tayanna?"

"Yes, I call it A Beautiful Connection." Tayanna replied.

Dracula studied the painting of a tall, dark cloaked vampire with long bony fingers and a long pale face being handed a blood red rose by a little girl in a grey dress. He smiled.

"It's beautiful." He said.

Suddenly, Tayanna's daughter came to Dracula's feet, holding out a large red rose. She looked a little scared and when Dracula looked down at her, he gasped and looked up at Tayanna.

"This is what I missed while I was gone?" He said.

Tayanna smiled and nodded. Dracula lowered himself to level with the little girl and smiled.

"This is for you." She stuttered and handed him the rose.

Dracula took the rose and smiled, "Thank you."

The little girl looked at him curiously.

"Mommy's eyes." She said and pointed to Dracula's eyes.

"Mommy's daddy." Tayanna said.

"Mommy's daddy?" The girl repeated quietly and then suddenly jumped and hugged Dracula causing him to almost fall over but he stood up quick enough.

"Grandpa Dracula." The girl said.

"That's right." Dracula whispered.

The little girl sat up in Dracula's arms and smiled her two fangs at him.

"What's your name precious?" Dracula asked.

"Willow." The girl replied.