Chapter Two: Fanged little girl

Count Dracula's Castle was made from century old grey stone, the architecture was absolutely beautiful. I followed Aleera and Verona through hallways and up stairwells of the castle until we came to a small arch doorway with three coffins inside.

As soon as we came in the room, the two vampires left me my sight and had used there vampire abilities to hide from me. I looked around the dark, poorly lit stone room. It was very gloomy and was a circular room with a very high ceiling. Looking at the roof I noticed Aleera and Verona standing on the roof, upside down like bats. But their hair and dress sleeves hung down. They just stood their simply watching me.

I was looking around and I noticed there was fourth coffin at the front of the room, looking as if it was emerging from the stone ground. It sat horizontally at the head of the three vertical coffins.
I approached it slowly, curious about its specialty but as I did, a man emerged from it screaming "Marshika"

I quickly hid behind one of the coffins, only getting a glimpse of the awakening vampire.

"Can't they just leave us alone?" A man's voice asked, I watched as he walked up the wall, "I want to be finished with Anna Valerious before she can ruin what we are trying to create."

"Dracula, we lost Marishka" Verona said sadly.

"It's alright," Dracula said "I will just find a new bride."

"Do we mean nothing to you?" Aleera asked, upset.

"Have you no heart?" Verona asked, hugging to Aleera's side as she did to Verona with the same upset expression.

"NO!" Dracula shouted, "I have no heart. I feel no love, no joy, no sorrow. I am... hollow"

"Oh, my lord, It is not so bad." Verona said.

He laughed, "I am at war with the world and every living soul in it. The fact that all my attempts at success have been failures has just made it worse."

"You need to stop." Verona told him.

"Please, do not try again." Aleera pleaded.

Dracula screamed angerly showing his fangs and his eyes went white, Aleera and Verona backed away in fear, whinning. He stopped and held his arms out to his brides.

"Come, please." he said.

The two woman crepted to his embrace.

"We shall try again" Verona said "and we will finish Anna Valerious"

"My love," Aleera looked him in the eyes, "I have something for you."

He looked surprised "Really? What is this something, my dear."

Aleera began looking down at me from the cieling, as I cowered by the coffin on the floor, my heart began to race as the vampires stared at me.

Dracula looked at Aleera then directed his focus to me. He gracefully flew to the ground, in front of me, followed by Aleera and Verona, I stood up nervously looking at the ground. With his finger, Dracula slide my dirty, messy, gross red auburn curls out of my face to behind my ear so he could seen me. I looked slightly up at him and he looked at me unhappily.

"What is your name, child?" He asked.

"She is just called T." Aleera replied for me.

"Well, that won't do. We should come up with a better name for you shouldn't we?" Dracula suggested, "What would you like to be called?"

I thought about it, I really didn't know what I wanted to be named, I had never really thought about an actual name so now was my chance to pick one. I wanted something dark but unusual but something inside me was drawing me to one name.

"Tayanna." I replied.

"I like it." Aleera smiled.

"Lovely. Now, do you know what comes next, Tayanna?" Dracula asked me.

"No." I admitted.

"You wont be able to help us being human dear." Verona said.

"You must join us to get work done child." Aleera told me.

They were going to turn me into a vampire. Well I guess I expected this from a bunch of vampires. That or death.

I took a deep breath and accepted my fate, "Okay."

I felt a cold breeze blow through the castle as Dracula approached me and came very close.

"It'll only hurt for a moment" Verona assured me.

Dracula pulled his sleeve up a little bit and bit into his wrist, red blood oozed from the two puncture wounds in his wrist. He flipped his arm over and placed his bleeding wrist to my lips and the sweet and thick liquid was on my tongue and in my throat. He pulled away and his wound healed up quickly before my eyes. Meanwhile, Verona had gone over to a table on the side of the room and pulled a large stake from a silver box, and now handed it to Dracula. The stake was wooden, of course and was covered in a vine design. Dracula took it and looked back at me, I stood petrified and he gently placed his on hand on my shoulder. I breathed in and out and he drove the stake into heart. I grabbed his wrist as I slowly fell to the ground, my vision went blurry and black.