Chapter Nine: Who is she really?

A thousand questions popped into my head, tiny voices shouting questions but I, nor Dracula, said a word.

We stared at each other in silence before giving in to our emotions and tightly grabbing ahold of each other. His face showed me that he was happy and greatly relieved.

"Is it true?" I asked, my head on his chest.

"It is", He placed his hand on the side of my head like he was protecting me, "I have you back, and I'll never lose you again"

For another moment I said nothing but the voices in my head were getting louder with more and more questions.

"So," I didn't know how to word a question like this so I stayed simple, "What happened?"

We pulled away from each other but he gently held onto my hands, not wanting to let me go. He was happy but he's small smile lowered slightly.

He sighed and told me to sit in the window. So I jumped onto the sill and looked at him as he leaned against the wall.

"I'm going to tell you a story," He said.

I guessed it would be easier to explain to a twelve orphan what happened to her in the form of a story.

"This story is about a woman, her name was Claire. Now Claire fell madly in love with a man. That man was a vampire, the most powerful vampire in existence. The two lived happily until one day Claire found out she was going to have a baby and when the baby was born it was a beautiful baby girl who looked like her daddy and had a bat birthmark on her shoulder."

I touched my shoulder.

"He loved her so much but Claire was scared and thought that her love might hurt the baby and took her away and the father never saw again, until twelve years later when his new brides found a girl and brought her to him. At first the girl was merely just another girl to him but he slowly and surely grew to love and care for the girl like she was his own, which she turned out to be."

I was processing all the information and put the pieces together.

"So Claire was my mother?" I asked.

Dracula nodded sadly in reply.

"So why did I change my look?"

"I believe Claire's mother was a witch and put a cloaking spell over you as a baby to hide you from me. But now I know you were hiding in plain sight."

"Where is she?" I asked.

Dracula sighed, "That, I do not know"

I was a little disappointed, I had wondered about my real parents all my life and Dracula noticed my expression.

"That's okay," I said jumping down from the ledge and hugging him, "I've got you and Aleera"

I felt Dracula's tense body relax as he wrapped his arms around me gently. I think he felt reassured now and I was happy he was.

Suddenly, Aleera came the upstairs and saw us standing there and I looked at her and smiled. She looked frightened and confused.

Dracula reached into his pocket and pulled out the golden locket that I had found before on the table of trinkets and books. He clicked it open and held the picture out to Aleera.

Aleera came closer and took the locket in her hands comparing the baby to myself and realized who I was.

"She was here all along?" Aleera asked.

"Yes, she was" Dracula answered, smiling down at me.

Aleera closed the locket and placed a hand on Dracula's back and look happily down at me.

Vampires are ruthless and don't care about anyone but vampires are half human and have human qualities. Love is a powerful emotion and can change even the darkest of hearts. Dracula may be the king of vampires but even vampire kings can care about things. Vampires don't care about anyone, except their families. Family is forever and vampire are immortal so our love will never die.

I will never die and I have found my family. Forever.