Chapter Fifteen: Unhearable unseeable but here

Alexander said nothing, he just stared at me sadly. I stood up and sighed, closing my eyes. It took all of my courage not to scream.

"You can still talk to them" Alexander said.

"How?" I asked.

"Through me" He answered, "I'm the only one who can hear you. You tell me what you want to say and I'll say it."

We came back into the room and the young girl was still tied to a chair but Draven had sat down. Aleera was sitting up now, hanging her legs over the side of the table and Dracula sat beside her. They held each other close and looked off into the distance.

"They're thinking about you" I heard Draven's voice but his mouth wasn't moving.

"I can read your thoughts, Tayanna, and I can project my thoughts to you." He said.

What am I supposed to say?
I could see Draven looking in my direction and I wondered if he could see me too.

"I can," He answered me, "and first you have to tell them you're okay."

I came to Alexander's side and told him I wanted to talk to my parents. I was not really talking to them but I was still afraid.

Alexander and I stood in front of my parents who had sat up when they saw Alexander coming.

"We know what happened to Tayanna" Alexander said.

My parents gasped and their eyes lit up with hope.

"Edmund and Marcel took her." He said.

My father looked shocked. He trusted Edmund, like a friend, and he broke his trust. Now my father was sitting in room with a man he supposedly hates and his son.

"We have to go save her!" Aleera said.

"I think you're too late for that"

We all turned to the girl was tied in the chair, she finally decided to speak.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Aleera asked angrily.

The girl smirked at us and I saw he look past Alexander and was looking at me. I still did not who this girl was but I did not care. Obviously she was part of Edmund's plan and I wanted her gone.

Aleera caught the girl's message and fell into Dracula's arms crying.

"But I'm here!" I said.

Alexander took that as the cue to tell them they could talk to me.

"She's here" Alexander said and my parents looked confused, "her spirit is still in this realm and she's here now."

Aleera's eyes lit up but my father seemed skeptical. You could be an immortal vampire and have super human strength or have magical witch powers but you could not be a ghost.

"Prove it" Was all my father said.

I didn't know if it was because he was being skeptical that he didn't believe Alexander or that it's what happened between him and Draven. But I had to try my best to convince Dracula that I was actually here.