Chapter Twelve: Mysterious suiters and a magic plan

I flew back up to the balcony and retracted my wings. I headed back to the ball and tried searching for a new face in the crowd from above but saw no one different. I descended the stairs and walked into the crowd of vampires. All laughing and drinking, conversing and dancing. So much was going on it was a little too much. I swirled around looking for whoever the Voice of the Wind told me to look for. I began to question whether I imagined it all.

Suddenly, I stopped. The muscians had begun a new song and a few metres away from I saw him. A boy standing there watching me, the one.

The boy stood staring at me proud and cunning like. He was taller than me by a little and had longish bleach blonde hair. He walked broodingly over to me and I could not do anything but stare in a daze, like I was being enchanted but an unimaginable force.

I felt limp as he got closer to me and with a gentle smirk, slid one hand on my waist and another hand into my own and pulled me across the dance floor. I invited him in, looking no where else but in his soft blue eyes.

He pulled me in every direction, he lifted me up and the down like a jump and he dipped me. He danced differently than anyone I had danced with before.

I did not notice that while we danced, my father had caught notice of the boy I was dancing with and seemed enraged but let us finish dancing before causing a scene.

As the music stopped and changed, Dracula came in between us.

"What are you doing here?" He asked the boy, trying to stay quiet.

"I wasn't going to miss a party," He said, "especially not a party for such a beauty"

He smiled at me over my father's shoulder and I blushed. Dracula, however, was not amused.

"You know you are not welcome here," He said, "Now go, before something happens to you"

Suddenly, another voice entered the room from above us.

"Dracula" Said a man at the top of the staircase. He stood tall and had long blond hair.

"Draven" Dracula said as the man came down the stairs and stood behind the boy. I saw the similarities in their faces and knew they were father and son.

I stayed at my father's side and Aleera came to his other. I could tell that Dracula did not like this man. Dracula stood tensely and I could feel the anger warming his cold blood. Aleera knew the two vampires as well, she stood tall and gave a hateful stare to them both.

I was confused at looked at them. The boy still hadn't looked away from me and as soon as our eyes met, I looked deeply into his greeny-blue eyes, I couldn't look away.

I tried to listen to the conversation between the man and my father but the boy was so distracting.

"What is the purpose of this?" Dracula asked.

"If I told you, you would not believe me" The blonde man said.

"You know I told you to never come here" My father said.

I felt Marcel come up beside me and his father followed. Now everyone had stopped, no music played and all eyes were focused on us. Not the kind of attention I was hoping for.

"Get out of here before something bad happens to you" Dracula said finally.

A moment later, The man put his hand on his son's back and guided him. Once they reached the top of the stairs, I saw the boy quickly glance back at me.

Then it was silent. My father had finally broken and turned and shouted to the rest of the vampires at the ball.

"Leave! All of you!" He shouted, his vampire fangs grew and the other vampires quickly changed into bat creatures and fled in fright or obedience or both.